Canon WP-V1 Housing!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hello, someone somewhere down the track in this thread said they had bought an on-land wide angle / macro lens and fitted it to their WP-V1.

just interested to see how it is going. Is it still working. I seem to remember that you had drilled holes in through the thread to let water in / air out. Is this correct. How did you do it, any pictures of your handy work?

I bought a cheap on-land lens and am keen to try it out, but would love to hear any help and suggestions before I take in the water. (hey, at $25 off ebay, I can't really go wrong!?!?).

Thanks
Iain

Hi H20doctor. Thanks for replying. So I followed the thread on the link you supplied (thanks) and I read that you didn't drill holes in the end, you just "burp" the lens when under water...I'm guessing you see an air bubble and simply unscrew the parts of the lens with the bubble?

So I shouldn't drill holes?

Thanks for the help. Iain

i wouldnt .... the first lens ..Macro, self burps because of the vent holes on the WP housing... you need to Burp the wide angle , The front lens.. from the Macro.. this only takes a second to do and i usually do it when i get down to depth... just unscrew it , then put it back on... Happy HD filming..

i wouldnt .... the first lens ..Macro, self burps because of the vent holes on the WP housing... you need to Burp the wide angle , The front lens.. from the Macro.. this only takes a second to do and i usually do it when i get down to depth... just unscrew it , then put it back on... Happy HD filming..

Thanks for this, will try it on my next dive. I have used the camera and housing quite a few times now and it has produced some great results. Look forward to getting even better results with the new lens. Iain

A new movie I've made from a Red Sea trip last week - Shot using a Canon HF200, Ikelite W-20 wideangle and Hartenberger Mega D2 video lightning:

YouTube - Red Sea 2010 - Deep South Safari

Some clips have undergone some postprocessing, trying to correct some colors and stabilizing them a bit and a few are zoomed some to try and bring forward the interesting part of the clip, when the object is a bit far away.

Hope you like it :)

Does anyone who is using this canon wp-v1 video housing for the HF20 know if a standard Ikelite tray will fit on this housing in order to attach an Ikelite pro-v8 light? If not does anyone know of a tray that will attach to this housing that will enable me to attach my pro-v8? Thank you.

Hoping the poster is still around as I happened to notice the posting date was around this time LAST year!

I've recently purchased a set of the Ikelite Pro V8 and the dual mounting tray (Ikelite part #9523.42 side note. you MUST purchase another flex arm mount for the tray to use another Pro V8! part # 9573.5)...the tray sits a little cock-eyed due to the LCD "wing" but still usable IMO

here are some attached pics...

Attachments

• DSC_5586 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_5586 (Medium).JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 111
  • DSC_5588 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_5588 (Medium).JPG
    179.8 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC_5589 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_5589 (Medium).JPG
    172 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC_5594 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_5594 (Medium).JPG
    203.2 KB · Views: 105
hi all,
i'm a proud owner of a canon HF200 and its WP-V1 housing.
I'm thinking about buying the Ikelite W-20 Wide-Angle Lens (67mm threads)

i would also like to use it when i'm not underwater so i need to fix it directly to the HF200 which has 37mm threads.

I search and found the Raynox UAC3500. It is an adapter 37mm to 52mm/67mm.

So i was thinking i could fix the ikelite W-20 to my camera.

I'm new at this so i was wondering if anybody know whether it would work properly or not. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom