Can't download dives on Subsurface 5.0.1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JMBL

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi,

Giving Subsurface a try.

My desktop is running Linux Mint 20.1, I've downloaded Subsurface latest version, paired my Petrel 1 to my computer, but I can't figure out to import dives.

Anyone willing to help ?

I haven't had much luck when paired through the OS. (I'm also on Linux, but still using v4.9.) l have had it work when paired through the subsurface app, but it's still finicky. Instead, I just download via the mobile app to cloud storage and pull from the cloud on the desktop.

Thank you for that piece of info, but I'd rather avoid the mobile app.

Thank you for that piece of info, but I'd rather avoid the mobile app.
Petrel 1 could be BT only or dual stack.
The latter are extremely hard to connect to because of the way they use two different chips for that.
You should be able to pair the the BT address (the one that doesn't start with LE).

I have to ask... Did you read the manual and follow the instructions? This is reasonably well explained, I think.

If it doesn't work, please post a screen shot of the BT connection screen to the Subsurface user forum. The key developer who wrote the BT code (a certain Linus T) isn't on Scuba board...

Sorry to disagree, but the manual wasn't so clear, to me at least. I'll try again and if unsuccessful, I'll try the Subsurface forum. And yeah, I know Linus isn't on Scubaboard.

I have had trouble downloading dives from my i300c after the update.

I'm running Windows 10. What works for me is going into settings in Windows and removing my watch as a paired device. I then have to add my watch as a paired device. After that I can download dives. I have to repeat this every time I want to download dives.

I haven't had much luck when paired through the OS. (I'm also on Linux, but still using v4.9.) l have had it work when paired through the subsurface app, but it's still finicky. Instead, I just download via the mobile app to cloud storage and pull from the cloud on the desktop.

Ended up doing just that. It works well, and I needed a quick solution. Will check the rest later. Thanks again.

So far, I'm not really impressed with the Software, probably by lack of habit. Also noticed the GF are all wrong.

So far, I'm not really impressed with the Software, probably by lack of habit. Also noticed the GF are all wrong.

Yes, the interface takes some getting used to. What do you mean about GFs?

The Gradient Factors shown on the dive profile do not correspond to the ones I've used. The profiles all have GF35/70, I've never ever used that.

Back
Top Bottom