Can't see my screen, too much GLARE! How do you make it work?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gt2003

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
This piggybacks my recent post.

I've got a Sealife HD (or HD+). There is simply too much glare for me to see the screen underwater. What have you all done that has worked for you? My camera is pretty much worthless until I find a solution. Thanks

Just a thought, but try to get below your subject and shoot up at it. This should both reduce the glare significantly and also isolate your subject in the image.

I'll sure try that. Was wondering if anyone had used the LCD screen hoods or possibly an anti-glare screen protector for this. Thanks

I don't use one on my sealife, but I do have an anti glare screen protector on one of my dive computers. The protector was mainly installed for protecting and not especially for the anti-glare feature. Anyway, there's nothing scuba-special about the screen protector I'm using. It's been on the dive computer for four years now without coming off. Just find one on amazon that fits or get a big one and cut it down to size and viola.

I can't say I like the screen on my sealife either. However, without spending thousands to get a proper dslr housing, options are somewhat limited. I don't think the sealife screen is any better or worse than any other camera that isn't a real SLR.

I can't bring myself to spend $2k for a box to hold my $1k dslr... so I deal with it.

Thanks @kelemvor , I bought an anti-glare screen protector with an adhesive backing, cut it to size and applied to my LCD screen. I then dropped the camera in a sink full of water for a while and it looks like it's going to work out well. It made a BIG difference in how well I could see things. Now, considering the Sea Dragon 1500 add on light to complete my setup.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom