Canyon Lake, AZ - dive spots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello Tracy,
Some friends and I did some boat dive at Canyon last fall and what we found surprised us.
The VIS wasn't all that bad if you prepared for a nite dive. 2 factors make diving Canyon Lake a bit different. First is because much of the lake is shadowed from the sun due to tall canyon walls this and a silt composition that is partially bound in the algae cause the light to be highly filtered but if you kick up silt you can still see through it as it is chunky instead of cloudy. This requires a good dive light starting at less than 30' and as you go deeper it becomes a virtual night dive. The VIS at depth is still 15-20' if you have enough dive light. I'm sorry I can't help with shore entry points but can tell you that some of the coves that you can get to by boat have some deep water that's fun to explore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom