Cape Hatteras Dive Trip - One (1) Open Seat for June 18 and 19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drewski

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I currently have one (1) open seat for a Hatteras Island dive trip aboard the Under Pressure with Captain JT Barker during the weekend of June 18th and 19th. Details follow (links, pictures and information provided by the excellent BFDC/North Carolina Wreck Diving webpage).

Our June trip will include one day north of the inlet to less frequently dived wrecks near the shoals. These may include the KASSANDRA LOULOUDIS, the AUSTRALIA, the LIBERATOR, the VETURIA and a wreck I’ve been trying to dive for three years, the HESPERIDES. The second day will probably include more frequently dived wrecks to the south, including the BRITISH SPLENDOUR, the DIXIE ARROW or the F.W. ABRAMS. As always, conditions will dictate where we dive. If the shoals have good visibility, we can stay north. Max depth for this trip will be 130 FT. Cost is $140 per day, with additional fuel surcharge depending on the price of Diesel.

Please remember that to dive a technical charter with Capt JT, you must dive a recreational charter first. This is an ideal opportunity for more experienced divers to fulfill this requirement and still have fun.

Divers on this trip can begin arriving at the boat on Friday night, June 17, between 5 and 8 PM. You will have a reserved bunk for Friday and Saturday night, or you can make hotel arrangements. The boat is very comfortable with cold AC. Gear loading on Friday night must be completed by 9:00 PM. Otherwise, plan on loading Saturday morning. You are allowed to use one (1) set of doubles (or two (2) singles) AND one (1) stage/pony bottle each day. Air fills are available on the boat for $5.00 per tank. Nitrox fills are available at a local dive shop, but getting fills is not always easy.

Please remember that you are diving Cape Hatteras, North Carolina. Sea conditions are often 3 to 6 FT waves with surface and bottom currents. Conditions may change suddenly. Bring a wreck reel, SMB/LB and Jon Line with deco hook. Know how to use them. Anti-seasickness remedies are up to you, but once the boat leaves the dock we stay out all day no matter how bad you may feel (sorry). The boat uses a Carolina rig for anchoring and diving. New to the boat this year is a diver lift. Simply stand on a platform in the water and be lifted to the boat deck in full gear. No climbing the dreaded ladder (see photo by Mike Boring, below)!

Weather cancellation decisions are made by the Captain at the dock. If Saturday cancels due to weather, we still dive Sunday unless the conditions are so bad the Captain cancels the entire charter on Friday. Payment is made to the Captain on the boat by CASH or CHECK only. A confirming $100 check deposit is required if you haven’t dived with me before. Your deposit will be refunded within one (1) week if the trip does not go.

If you would like to go on this trip, please return confirmation by e-mail or contact me by any of the methods below.

Andrew Beaton
Wreck Diving Adventures, LLC
3900 Hester Drive
Virginia Beach, VA 23462
757-477-4753
andy@wreckdivingadventures.com (primary)
wreckdivingadventures@gmail.com (shared calendar and scheduler)

UnderPressure.jpg

The Under Pressure

DiverLift.jpg

The Diver Lift

LET’S GO DIVING!

Thanks…

Andy Beaton

I'm suprised no one has jumped in on this yet?

Should I know something?

THANKS...

Andy

Andy,

Call my wife, tell her you're my boss (his name is Todd) and that I'm needed for an "emergency" business trip! If she bites, I'm in, if not....

Seriously, looks like a great trip and I wish I could join you, someone should jump on this ASAP. Sleeping on the boat cuts down on lodging costs too. The weather and viz in late June is usually very good - no hurricanes to mess things up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom