Cape Town dive operator recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver-jean

Registered
Reaction score
In October we will be visiting Cape Town for the first time and have 1 day available for diving. I welcome any recommendations for dive operators and suggestions for dive locations. We'd like to dive with seals and also see other big and small critters and creatures. Thank you! ~ Jean

I will be in Cape Town weekend Aug 19 . what the warmer water sites to dive ? I will try Pisces also. My mate wishes to try shark cage dive, who would you recommend?

I will be in Cape Town weekend Aug 19 . what the warmer water sites to dive ? I will try Pisces also. My mate wishes to try shark cage dive, who would you recommend?

Can you define what you mean with warmer? It's winter here, so best sites are on the False Bay side. Still, you're looking at a water temp of around 12 degrees C.

I'm not really up to speed on shark cage operators, but I think Pisces should be able to point you in the right direction.

I read that there are places where water above the average temperature. I'm trying to locate the warmest site to dive I'm aware it winter and when i arrive is just when winter is ending . How is viz at time?

I read that there are places where water above the average temperature. I'm trying to locate the warmest site to dive I'm aware it winter and when i arrive is just when winter is ending . How is viz at time?

If you're lucky it will be nice weather and the temp might be above average. There is a couple of spots that have marginally warmer water, but you'll still be hard pressed to find water above about 16-17 degrees.

Viz can be hit or miss. If you want good viz, you'll have to settle for very cold water. That will get you maybe 10m. If it is warmer you'll be treated to some impressive algae blooms, and be lucky to hit 5m viz.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom