Capesante al Forno

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bigbella

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
0.jpg

A couple of friends of mine and I thought that it was high-time to do a bit of "social-distanced" foraging along the Sonoma Coast, north of San Francisco.

Since the red abalone season is likely to remain closed, probably even through April of 2026(!), we have long repurposed our irons (even a section of old, ground leaf spring, in my case, aka "The Persuader"), and went after rock scallops -- and were not disappointed.

A few red urchins came along as well.

It was left to me to cook them up, when we returned -- those that we didn't manage to eat raw. Baked scallops (Capesante al Forno) in their own shell, under the broiler, got the vote, something my mom would occasionally make for special occasions -- with garlic, cream, spinach, breadcrumbs, butter and Pernod -- basically, "Oysters Rockefeller" with scallops, in lieu of oysters.

Quick and dirty.

Visibility absolutely sucked; dinner did not . . .

Back
Top Bottom