Capo d'acqua, Italy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TruckDiver1981

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi there, has anyone been diving here before? I have e mailed the Atlantide club, just wondering in the mean time if anyone has any experience of the lake...

Never dived there personally... but it's one of those places that you may want to see one time because of their uniqueness (it's like saying.. why you want to go in Silfra? :) ).
Very clear water (60 meters or more), very cold water (10C° .. you need a drysuit + 200gr under at least..) but eventually you could survive with a semi-dry (I would never try it..).
There's little if anything flora and fauna ...but you go there for the "village", that isn't really a village anymore since most of the constructions are collapsed.

It looks like it is worth a visit, even if only once. Although it would be more ideal if i was working in Rome, i have the days off this year there, unless there is something better and/or closer to Milan that is worth considering?

You have the Liguria (Portofino) closer to Milan... and it's one of the best area for diving in Italy (it's the biggest marine protect area in Italy), opened to any kind of diving, from recreational to tech to wreck.. etc. To find anything similar/better you have to go to the South (Campania or the islands.. like Ustica, etc.).

You have the Heaven .. one of the biggest wreck in the world, depending of your certification you can visit different levels, however it's one of those "must do" dives.

And if you want something different and spectacular.. there's the Grotta Giusti, an awesome experience: Grotta Giusti Diving – L'esperienza unica di fare diving nella grotta termale più grande d'europa

Last edited:
I will be in Milan, so Portofino would be a much closer option for me

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom