Captain Fred Calhoun Testimonial

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob Evans

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Captain Calhoun and C.C. and crew and friends have been our biggest supporters. One of our Mentors and Hero. Did several dive trips with Fred and C.C., early morning dives to 180 feet on Andros Wall. At this location was a ancient sea beach, Wow I love the slow speed of my film to capture Force Fins in action going back up the WALL.

Attachments

• 11-11-19-scan036-fw.jpg
    11-11-19-scan036-fw.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 05andros505.jpg
    05andros505.jpg
    531.5 KB · Views: 116
  • 05andros542.jpg
    05andros542.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 113
I did that 180' Andros Wall dive in 1980 out of Small Hope Bay Lodge when Dick Birch ran it. Brendal Stevens was divemastering - interesting fellow. They had a rubber chicken tied off to the wall at 180' and preconditioned us to look for the rare "Chicken Fish." We were so narced at 180' that we all burned up a roll of 36 exposures on that damn thing. :) Good memories.

Captain Fred Calhoun.....

Attachments

• xx-42.jpg-fw.jpg
    xx-42.jpg-fw.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 107
I did that 180' Andros Wall dive in 1980 out of Small Hope Bay Lodge when Dick Birch ran it. Brendal Stevens was divemastering - interesting fellow. They had a rubber chicken tied off to the wall at 180' and preconditioned us to look for the rare "Chicken Fish." We were so narced at 180' that we all burned up a roll of 36 exposures on that damn thing. :) Good memories.
That dive was even hard for me. Taking pictures was #@@$%, narced over the edge..but after a few morning dives I was able to get a few shots.

Back
Top Bottom