Captain Zero, Joe Terzuoli, Skipper of the John Jack, RIP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Noviz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
According to the Press of Atlantic City, Captain Zero, Joe Terzuoli, owner and skipper of the famous dive boat John Jack passed away in a dive accident in the Atlantic Ocean. see this link. Zero was not only an outstanding diver and skipper, but a truly nice guy. The day before his accident our Boy Scout Venture Crew received an email from him offering us a dive on the John Jack. Last summer he took us on a great wreck dive, provided lunch and sodas, and wouldn't even let us give him gas money. "Just take care of the mates". The world has lost a good one.

More information about the incident (and funeral arrangements) here.

Last edited:
The world has lost a good one.

Indeed, Capt Zero was a fixture of NJ/NY Wreck Diving. He'll be missed.

:depressed:

Absolutely shocked and saddened by this terrible loss. The man gave my son and I our start in the Atlantic. Wonderful person, invited us into his house and home. Can't believe this. Can only think of his boys and wife. Can't believe this...

He was a good soul that will be sadly missed by many. I'm shocked at the headline. He had somewhere around 4000 dives under his weightbelt.

Very sad, very sad, my thoughts to his family.

According to the Press of Atlantic City, Captain Zero, Joe Terzuoli, owner and skipper of the famous dive boat John Jack passed away in a dive accident in the Atlantic Ocean. see this link. Zero was not only an outstanding diver and skipper, but a truly nice guy. The day before his accident our Boy Scout Venture Crew received an email from him offering us a dive on the John Jack. Last summer he took us on a great wreck dive, provided lunch and sodas, and wouldn't even let us give him gas money. "Just take care of the mates". The world has lost a good one.

More information about the incident (and funeral arrangements) here.

Noviz, I hope you don't mind - I asked this thread be moved to passings so that more can give their condolences.

Respectfully,

-MissD

Was on the Independence II coming in from Beth Dee Bob when I heard about this. I'm a new diver, but was very touched by how the crew and other divers onboard were concerned.

My condolences to those of you who knew Captain Terzuoli

Very sad to hear. My heart goes out to all of his friends and family.

Back
Top Bottom