Care Of Scissors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DGX TITANIUM EMT SHEARS

Are what I carry best so far spendy at almost $7 but really nice and don't bend when used. I have a couple pair that I bought from Amazon standard EMT Chinese shears and they bend and flex too much.

The titanium coating is pretty rust resistant but eventually they rust just the same. I don't oil mine. I thought about putting a little tribolube on the pivot but never have.

I know that others feel differently, but I wouldn't take a pair of shears as a reliable cutting device if my life depended on it.
Good luck cutting a steel cable with a knife after an 80 pound cobia has just wrapped your leg around a rig leg as the bull sharks get closer...

Yep, tried olive oil myself in the past, but it is too viscous: they indeed tend to get stuck, with that kind of lubricant.

Good luck cutting a steel cable with a knife after an 80 pound cobia has just wrapped your leg around a rig leg as the bull sharks get closer...

I hate that.

I hate to ask, but are you serious?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom