Carnival Magic, November 16, 2014

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lefty Writer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My wife and I are booked on the Magic, out of Galveston, for Roatan, Belize and Cozumel. We have booked our Cozumel dive (Chucho Divers) and our Belize dive (Sea Sports Belize), but have yet to book our Roatan dives. I'm still considering the best dive op to use. The short list is Bananarama, Barefoot Divers and West Bay Divers.

If anyone else is booked on this trip, we'd love to team up with y'all for the dives.

Since we live so close to Galveston, and in fact I work in Galveston, we always take our own gear.

The Magic is a nice ship, and once she goes into dry dock for the "Funship 2.0" upgrades, she'll be even better.

I don't know the other two ops, but Barefoot has small boats, great service and great DMs. It's also a beautiful little spot to scout out for future land based dive vacays! :)

I like Barefoot also. Bigger boat with a nice swim-step - West Bay and Bananarama dive Pangas off the beach - and it's a lot closer to the port. They also dive Mary's Place - one of the signature dives - 5mins. from their dock. Our 2nd dive we rode over to Cocoview and dove the Prince Albert. fwiw, I wasn't cruise diving, just drove over one morning.

It's also really near French Harbor if you wanted to look around at something besides Mahogany Bay. Ask to be sure but I think you can walk there. Leave the gear at Barefoot - you could probably leave it on the deck - we did. There's really no one there except staff/guests. And not many of either.

A cab to either shop will be the same since you're cruisers ($20)

If you go to Barefoot, get the lunch. The resort kitchen caters it on their deck and they have really good food. It's a very nice resort. There's also snorkeling off the Cay as it's in protected water behind a reef. And a nice - but short beach. Bananarama has them beat in that area.

Back
Top Bottom