Carry Bag for DH Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rstofer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
A silly question, I suppose, but how do people pack their DH regs for transport to a site? I know, wrap them in towels... I do that but I was wondering if there is a more professional approach. Maybe a particular regulator bag that tends to work well. Hopefully something I can just order...

My RAM is a work of art! I don't want it to get a single scratch. I may never get it back from my grandson but, still, I want it to look good while he's using it! The other 2 regs are more institutional; satin finish.

Any suggestions other than wrapping them in towels?

BTW, I got my DA -> PRAM conversion today. I know garage testing isn't definitive but what a sweet reg. I'll have it in the pool on Saturday. I need to change the wing on my BP/W before I can use it in the ocean. Maybe Sunday...

Richard

I have a small padded sports bag, a coiled up Phoenix fits perfect. I still put a towel around the cans. The towel is good for drying off after the dive.

N

I found a large padded regulator bag made by Zeagle that works very well. It has an outside pocket that hold my dry-suit hose if I am not using it. It also has a cool looking hard had embroidered on the outside.

Zeagle Padded Regulator Bag reviews and discounts, Zeagle

It is kind of expensive, but it is nice and what isn't expensive that is made specifically for Scuba.

Thanks! I'll order one of the Zeagle bags and give it a try. Ultimately, I need storage for 3 regs. It costs what it costs.

Richard

For storage I use several plastic tubs. The regulators stack in them with towels around the cans. The hoses are loosely laid out so as not to take a set. The tubs stack and store easily. But for travel and carry on a boat to to and from, I use my padded sports bag I mentioned. N

Buy yourself a 1.75 liter bottle of Crown Royal and use the purple bag supplied with it. If your diving a RAM your used to first class anyway.:wink:

Jim

Buy yourself a 1.75 liter bottle of Crown Royal and use the purple bag supplied with it. If your diving a RAM your used to first class anyway.:wink:

Jim

Now that's a neat idea! I remember the purple bag for Chivas Regal!

But I probably won't get to use the RAM. I think my grandson has claimed that one. The other two have the straight mouthpiece and they just don't fit him very well. He has good taste! Ill give him that!

I wonder if there is a minimum age for NAVED? Maybe I'll let him use the RAM at Monterey this summer. That ought to cause a stir up and down the beach!

Richard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom