Carwash Cenote

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ed Hatfield

Contributor
Reaction score
Ontario , Canada & Playa del Carmen, Mexico
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm planning a trip and I want to do a 3 tank cenote dive that starts with Angelita and finishes with two tanks someplace else. I was thinking Carwash because I haven't been there. Are there two lines at Carwash? Or maybe a second dive really close by?

Cavern dives? Carwash has an upstream and downstream line. Upstream is pretty nice; I'm not sure how much fun downstream would be at just the cavern level, and it's pretty silty.

Grand Cenote is across the road, and has a beautiful cavern line, but only one.

We did Angelita this past summer, and Casa Cenote as a second dive. Pretty extreme contrast between the two.

Cavern dives? Carwash has an upstream and downstream line. Upstream is pretty nice; I'm not sure how much fun downstream would be at just the cavern level, and it's pretty silty.

Grand Cenote is across the road, and has a beautiful cavern line, but only one.

I have never seen a cavern line at car wash and the cave line is a looooong way back on the upstream side.

Carwash and Gran Cenote are a nice combo for a 2 tank day.

I have never seen a cavern line at car wash and the cave line is a looooong way back on the upstream side.

Correct. You have to bring your own :)

(and I believe they did move the ML upstream back toward the sign recently but I haven't dived it since then)

Oh, yes -- there is no permanent tourist cavern line at Carwash. But if you have a cavern cert, you can run your own, and if you go with a guide, the guide will run a line (ours did, when we did our tour there).

Correct. You have to bring your own :)

(and I believe they did move the ML upstream back toward the sign recently but I haven't dived it since then)

Yeah, right where you dive down slope to where the ML used to be tied off is the new ML tie-off. Its still nowhere near the cavern zone.

Looks right now like we are going to do Angelita followed by Carwash and Calavera. We have been adised it is going to be a long day but we're going there to dive dive dive. It looks like we have put together a package of 19 dives over 5 days that include the Angelita trip and a second day in the ceotes that include The Pit. Combine that with two 4 tank days and one 5 tank day on the reef (includes a night dive). Price p/p will be 525US$. If there is anyone that's going to be in Playa July 18th to July 25th and wants to buddy up with our group of four just send me an e-mail and I'll send you the particulars of the dive op and contact particulars.
On Saturday the 24th we are taking our desat day prior to flying back on Sunday and taking in the whale sharks. Again - anyone interested in joining us I will send the info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom