Catalina Boat Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kaamoss

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm trying to put together something for beggining/mid August for my dad's birthday. He refuses to dive with me in Laguna, since he grew up in Hawaii. I'm looking to find a way to go boat diving in Catalina for a day or two relativly cheaply. We're both NAUI certified, and I'd prefer if we did not have to go down with a dive master. We might get some of his friends to come along too. I know that Sport Challet and Beach Cities SCUBA do some catalina trips, could anyone point me in another dirrection? Thanks.

There are some stickies in this forum with most of the generic information about diving Catalina and links to dive boats, etc. The obvious comments include the advantages of diving the Marine Park (from shore) in Avalon for cost and possibly convenience. The other obvious comment is that if your dad is not current in diving or lacks cold water and kelp experience having a DM on the dive could be a thought.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom