Catalina Dive Park Dec 30th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lamarpaulski

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Did two dives yesterday...both were good ! Viz was 40-50ish and temps were 57 at depth to 59F near surface. Beautiful day. Days like that are why people in the Midwest and back East move here. Ran into Dr Bill, who directed me to piles of squid egg cases which I hadn't seen before. Thanks.

On first dive we encountered a very large Torpedo ray. As we finished our diving the Goodyear blimp sailed by. The park was very active with divers, seal lions, comorants and pelicans doing their things. We saw whales on the boat trip to Avalon and dolphin on the way back to Newport Beach. GOPR1836.MP4_snapshot_04.21_[2013.12.30_19.40.13].jpg

Last edited:
Fill station was open and doing a pretty good business. I always call in advance just to be sure when diving there in Fall/Winter. The number of people coming over on the ferry and diving at the Park surprised me too. BTW I left out that the tide was incredibly low... so low that you had to climb off the stairs and basically wade and stumble to diveable water. Still was a great day.

Good to see you and meet your son. Diving was very good the week of Christmas extending into this week. Taking a break now to watch Bowl Games.

Back
Top Bottom