Catalina Dive Park, Friday Oct 17th.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lamarpaulski

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Made two dives. Viz was outstanding on dive #1 until I got to 60ft and it got murky and noticeably much colder than the 70ish upper waters. Still diving 5ml, no hood or gloves. Kelp still gone. Again, like Tues., saw GSBs near deep end of Su jac on each dive. Same 2 fish...one is a real brute. Saw small groups of yellowtail and calicos violently attacking schools of baitfish and blacksmiths in shallower waters near Su jac., which was cool. Sea lions also got in on the action. Pretty exciting to watch. Video'd some cardinalfish hanging out with a moray on the way back in to the steps. The salps, which were all over the place Tues., have mostly vanished. Moderate surge and no current to speak of.

Sorry I missed you. I was out at Long Point on a tallship and involved in the filming of a movie where I play a filthy rich yachter attending the funeral of an old friend. Obviously I wasn't type cast!

I followed that...looked like a good time...a star is born...you make a pretty good bad guy....guess you will be waiting tables in Hollywood ? Amazing how much time it takes to get a few munutes of good film.

---------- Post added October 18th, 2014 at 08:58 AM ----------

If they re-make Gilligan's Island you got the inside track for Thurston Howell lll.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom