Catalina Island Info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That was for Catalina. Anacapa and Santa Cruz islands are similar. 67 degrees water temp and 20-40 foot viz based on location.

Thanks! Didn't expect to see water temps that warm. I thought El Nino was over and the water was going to cool off. Guess I will be packing the 5mm for the weekend.

Does anyone know if the air fill station at the park will be open for fills on weekdays after labor day.
I ask because we are planning a dive trip out Sept 11-13 Mon-Wed.
Also what time do they open?
Thanks.

Can anyone report water temps at depth in Catalina currently? wondering whether to pack the 6/7 or 5mm for this weekend

Can anyone report water temps at depth in Catalina currently? wondering whether to pack the 6/7 or 5mm for this weekend
5mm was fine for the first 30 feet or so.
Below that it got cold. I saw 61 on my slow to change computer temp, someone else stated 59. That was in the 70-90 range.

Catalina Dive Co and ScubaLuv merged - it's just one company now. I'm new so I don't know any different, but it was nice having 'my dive shop' all over Avalon - I could rent gear, get tanks, on the pier, in town, at the point, etc.

Also, water temp was 66 between 60-80ft last weekend (10/2-10/22).

I'm heading to Avalon in mid-September. Never been to Catalina before. What are the conditions like at that time of year? Water temp, visibility, etc.? I'm wondering which wetsuit I should bring. Is mid-September still peak diving season, or will the crowds have thinned out by then? I'll be there for a few days, so I'm hoping to do the dive park and boat dives. Which is better? I'll be bringing all my own gear, except tanks and weights. I welcome any tips/advice on how to make diving in Catalina easy and enjoyable. Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom