Catching a fish with my bare hands. Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Which one is Moe?

Trigger Fish tend to bite, it would have been appropriate if someone had lost a piece of meat. Damaging the reef and abusing wildlife is not what diving is about. If you were intending to eat the fish, thats a different story, however, damaging the reef was totally inappropriate. Just my 2psi.

Trigger Fish tend to bite, it would have been appropriate if someone had lost a piece of meat. Damaging the reef and abusing wildlife is not what diving is about. If you were intending to eat the fish, thats a different story, however, damaging the reef was totally inappropriate. Just my 2psi.

My friend, relax, I did not damage the reef nor did I kill that fish. I just took a couple of pictures with it and then let it go as you can see in the below video

see video when we let it go here

DSC00621.JPG

DSC00622.JPG

DSC00623.JPG

DSC006241.JPG

You asked us to tell you what we think of your video.

I think you need to consider what it means to be a diver. You are a GUEST in the fish world. Your constant hand placement on coral and on the fish is wrong.

How many times do people come to SB and show video or still pics of them holding onto the back of turtles. Their excuse is always the same as yours: It didn't hurt the turtle. Until turtles have a cardboard sign saying "Free Rides", then leave them alone!

The same goes for people who hold fish or touch coral.

Your video made me nauseated.

I agree with the majority here. Look, take pictures, but do not touch. What your video shows should be used as an example of what divers should absolutely not do. I personally think we should take away your dive card for such behavior.

I'm flashing your group this dive sign now...:clown:

In many cases touching marine/aquatic life will remove coatings from the animal and allow bacteria and parasites to attack the victim causing an early death.

You should not have done that.

Now, in regard to the video, I didn't even view it given the fact that you admitted to committing an act that most of us find reprehensible.

the K

Like Kraken said many fish have a protective slime coating,
trigger fish sleep/hide in little caves and lock out their top and bottom "fins" that lock them in their whole for safety. I saw how hard you worked to bust the fish out of the whole, I hate to say it but you probably DID hurt the fish! Then you were holding it my its tail fin while it was trying to escape so you probably hurt it even more. How would you like it if a giant stuck its claw into your house grabbed you and dislocated up your arms and ripped out your nails because you were trying to hold on the the walls for your life, The the giant holds you by your ankles while you try with all your might to escape.
edited by Mania

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom