Catching a fish with my bare hands. Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hope this thread will be instructive to others! :thumb:

The instruction being "STAY AWAY". I read the thread before mania "Edited" it. First, I don't condone how the OP handles himself in the water, but I'm not going to condemn him, that's his business. I've seen far worse by many people grabbing lobster. But the way most of you acted was amazing to say the least. The childish name calling blew me away. I did notice that mania's moderation didn't happen until TWO days after some of the worst name calling, and then not until someone complained. It seems to me that if this thread had been about DIR and there had been this attitude, it would have ended much sooner, and probably a few would have been banned. You all should be ashamed of how you treated this guy. He showed a great deal of character by staying and actually apologizing for his behavior. I'm impressed, he has learned that type of behavior is not overly accepted here and other places. But he has also learned what a bunch of rude, crude people we can be.

But he has also learned what a bunch of rude, crude people we can be.

I didn't see the thread before it was edited, but I can imagine some of the responses. There are many passionate people here who care deeply for our oceans and the marine life in it. It is easy to let those passions run away at times. While one stressed triggerfish is irrelevant, the attitude and perception of the thousands of divers who read SB is powerful force.

Without excusing what I didn't see, I would rather we have people who make more of a fuss than is necessary, compared to the alternative of letting bad practises slide by.

I thought everyone was kinda tame given the circumstances.

I would say that hugging coral shouldn't just be 'his business'. I think he and anyone reading this should understand how wrong that is. That's the point. Either you learn HOW to dive or if you continue to dive like that, then STAY AWAY from diving.

I've never seen anyone do those things to the reef, hunting or during any other activity. If I had, they would have gotten a word from me below and above the water.

I think I found your bouyancy control problem.

DSC00612.JPG

I think I found your bouyancy control problem.

DSC00612.JPG

How did he come up with the name "mbader" when ya would think "sand-dart" would be more appropriate?

Seriously enough name calling and poking fun - it has more than run it's course. Let's set an example for someone who has admitted his wrongs and is willing to learn.

Hey!!!!

What happened to ODM's post that came between the currrent #51 and #52???:11:

Flaming the OP seems to have gotten his attention. Maybe he will spread The Word.

I must say this is one of the few times a moderator is praised for his work.
Geee, thank you guys.
Zieg - yes you are right - somebody reported one of the posts. It draw my attention. But you have to understand that there are hundreds of threats written here each day and it's impossible for moderators to follow ALL of them This is why we reallly ask all of you - if you find something way too far please report it.
Without help of all users we will not be able to manage this board and keep the friendly atmosphere we have.
Mania

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom