Catching a fish with my bare hands. Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So what's up with all the name calling in this thread. I didn't know anyone could call another poster an idiot, dumbass, and similar names.

This guy has published pictures of what many in the diving community considers bad. I don't have a problem disagreeing with that and saying so. However, he is far from being an isolated case, just one of the few that publishes it.

I think I have removed all name calling. Please do not call names.

This is one of the reason why Red Sea Association forbids diving in gloves. To avoid intentional touching. Because without gloves you can get hurt.

Please never ever again touch anything underwater unless you really have no choice.

Mania

ey, mania is pretty cool. see how sharp she edited out all the namecalling. pretty snazzy. almost no major impact on the posts.

sweet!! classy even. nice job.

she could have gone on a deletion rampage of each and every post in their entirity. pretty cool. thanks mania!

I am SORRY for all what I did.

All the information that you have mentioned here is new to me. I learned a lot from this thread more than what I expected. I got my diving licence from a PADI instructor and then I got my advance diving licence in Dubai. No one has ever told me all what you have mentioned. I will say just this, I will never do touch any coral intentionaly ever again.

I think that that is a something that PADI should consider.

learn from that. certainly, I know more about trigger fish and coral than I did before this thread.

I'm glad that you are saying you will evolve as your previous attitude, posts, video and photos are most disturbing.

I do, however, take issue with you blaming someone else for your lack of knowledge. Ignorance of a thing is no excuse.

And if you did a PADI course (or any other structured, agency course, I think) it most certainly IS covered - in the book and in the video and in the knowledge reviews and in the exam, even if not directly by your instructors.

Sometimes, the current is too strong or something like that, this is beyond my control.
If this is the case, then you are diving beyond your limits and need to improve your diving skills dramatically. An accidental miscalculation once in a blue moon is one thing, but not being in control during your dive is a whole other thing.

Again, glad that you say you are amending your diving practices and hopefully you will seek out more training and environmental awareness.

Oh, and I'd go in and dump any and all images of the "wrong" things...your bad choices will live on in your mind, hopefully. No need to display such things.

Ok, every one...

Considering the beating you took that is a difficult thing to do. Apology accepted, for whatever that is worth.

Welcome to the board. You may enjoy participating in some of our other arguments, like backplate vs jacket BCD and when to exceed 60 ft depth.

Considering the beating you took that is a difficult thing to do.

Agreed. I think it would be beneficial if you stuck around so that you might learn even more :)

mbader71, It takes a lot of courage to comeback on the board and apologize after the flaming you took. I handed a little of the flames out myself, but I hope you know I didn't do it to be mean. After some thought, I posted the idea to take a reef ecology course. I think PADI may have one of those. I know many agency's do. Knowledge is wonderful, it gives us all choices. Please learn more about the very delicate environment we visit and enjoy when we dive.

Thanks Mania for the wonderful way you moderated this thread.

Yeah man, welcome to the board. Everybody's got to be informed and this was your day! This forum is great learning tool because you DO get to hear the voices and opinions from people around the world both pros and beginners. Some divers are even marine biologist or doctors so they may know something we all don't. I have learned this over 20+ years of diving...I don't know everything and I am still learning even as a teacher. But as is with life! So stick around and learn what you can. Don't be afraid of publishing your videos, that's how YOU get better and get feedback as to what changes you may need to make your videos better. If you like my videos and would like some tips, just PM me. ;-)

I hope this thread will be instructive to others! :thumb:

Man, I hope you did learn from this thread.

Good diving is about bouyancy control and trim (and of course, not grabbing everything in sight). Maybe a bouyancy class would be beneficial?

Do some research here on SB and you'll learn a great deal. Hopefully you'll have a positive impact on your dive buddies as well.

Although, I was kinda hoping for a 'bare handing the lionfish' video...:D:popcorn:

j/k - don't touch that fish either...:coffee:

Back
Top Bottom