Causes of Sticky Inflator Button

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used to be over zealous and noticed I was washing away lube and inflator button got twitchy, I changed my regime a little and now no issues.

Mine soaks as long as my regs do
I work the buttons and dry thoroughly

I run a hose with running water through inflator, fill wing, dump out pressing deflator button, then re full wing and use rear dump, the third and final time I re fill wing and dump pressing both inflator and deflator buttons at the same time. Of course I swish water around in wing. Partially inflate and hang to dry.

The reason for the recall because of corrosion!!!
High grade SS! You must be joking.

The recall was for machining tolerance issues. No mention of corrosion. If you had first hand excess corrosion experience with a Halcyon precision inflator with the stainless button,I suggest you review your washing process.

Jesus, I nearly had a stroke...

06F55336-415F-431F-8369-79DEC015A9AE.png

Out of curiosity @divezonescuba how easy is it to service and does it use readily available O rings etc or does it require a proprietary AA service kit? And if so, how much is that kit? Thank you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom