Caution if you book with Costal Scuba Myrtle Beach, SC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really hate hearing this. I met (never dove) with the owner/operator. Great guy.

My wife and I dove once with Scuba Express of Murrell's Inlet. I can say the experience was positive. I don't remember if a snack or bottle of water was included...I don't think it was. It felt safe, and there were no surprises. One of the other 'passengers' was a little rude to me, accusing me of cutting him off underwater.....whatever that means. (I assumed he meant that I swam in front of him or something. I didn't challenge him, because I thought he was an idiot and he was big, ugly, and apparently uneducated.) It turns out he was one of the mates, or instructor or something. Anyway, he turned up behind the counter at the dive shop on a subsequent visit.
This was one small wart on an otherwise near perfect day. As a result, I got my money's worth, and Mr. Uncivilized did not get a tip from me.
The boat is great. I had no problems with their tank holders. I believe tanks and weights were included, but it has been 1.5 years ago.
I recommend them and will dive with them again.

This is what should be said if you have a bad experience. Doesnt sound like a one time deal, this sounds routine.

Ive only dove one charter. I didnt know what to expect and didnt know what to ask. NOW I DO... Deck hand helped us out of water, helped unsuit, had bouy out for us, even fed us a hot dog with water. Now that was 155 bucks. Didnt have to tip the deck hand but I did, very helpful! So my total trip was 175 bucks. Yeah it was high but may be why Ive only had one charter dive too!!

I have been living in Wilmington over the past few years and would highly recommend Aquatic Safaris. Their operation is professional, and their instructors and DMs great. The boats are both nice and faster than the local competition's. There is an array of awesome dive sites off of Wilmington (including some more than 40 miles out). If the seas are 3-5 feet though, they will cancel, sometimes morning of. That being said, I have never been out on one of their charters where they have switched dive sites in situ. Let me know if you need a buddy if you come up.

I will add a +1 for scuba express in murrell's inlet. Dove with them yesterday, great crew, two ladders, and you plan your own dives-limited by your SAC or computer.

I have been living in Wilmington over the past few years and would highly recommend Aquatic Safaris. Their operation is professional, and their instructors and DMs great. The boats are both nice and faster than the local competition's. There is an array of awesome dive sites off of Wilmington (including some more than 40 miles out). If the seas are 3-5 feet though, they will cancel, sometimes morning of. That being said, I have never been out on one of their charters where they have switched dive sites in situ. Let me know if you need a buddy if you come up.

Yep this was my situation for a month straight on Saturdays during late Sep through Oct--every trip was blown out--morning of once after paying for a room...day before twice.:depressed:

Ended up forgetting that and went down to West Palm :D

I kdoll of coastal scuba's protocol, and can explain exactly why every indicident that has happened; was preventable . From management up to financial practices, and back to basic disregard for regulated procedure,. Along with insufficiently staffed captains and dive master ( not all). I only speak to the few people that have mistaken small mistakes made by this company that may wish to know the real problems. I can assure any diver I am perfectly qualified too. Some grievance are so close to showing real regulatory offences ,but lack the on-site to note the citations that would actually have a effect on this irresponsible and dangerous operation.

Had a good experience with Scuba Express although I found the boat and parking set up suboptimal. If in the area I would dive them again.

Dove Coastal once. Did not like the boat. It was the Sherman.

I have over 100 dives with Aquatic Safaris. A first class operation.

Sorry to hear about the divers bad run of weather. That is NC Diving. I was out with Aquatic Safaris on Oct. 25 diving 23 miles and Sue's ledges. We had blue skies, 1 ft seas, light breezes, 72 degree water at depth and 35-45 ft viz depending on the site. Folks saw rays, turtles, eels, amberjack, lots of angelfish, butterfly fish, and a number of other tropicals. Great day of diving the offshore ledges. Photos at https://www.facebook.com/steve.campbell.5496683

This is all really shocking to me. I do all of my diving through Cameron (the owner) except when i take my annual trip to florida. Maybe its because of my frequency but he generally lets me do my own thing if I'm diving nitrox. Ive never had a bad experience

Back
Top Bottom