Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pod Diver Radio

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
We will be re-launching the Pod Diver Radio podcast this summer. The first series of podcasts that I will be doing will be "Tech Agency Reviews". This will be 15 minute sit down interviews, with reps from each agency where we discuss: training philosophy, course progression, teaching style and performance standards.

In the past we have done podcasts with folks from PADI Tec, NAUI, BSAC, NSS-CDS, NACD, PSAI, TDI and GUE. But things have have changed a lot in the last 10-15 years. I would like to put together a series of podcasts that focuses on the positives that each agency brings to the table and can used as reference for divers who are looking to get into Cave and/or Technical Diving.

Also, if anyone has a contact at UTD please put them in contact with us. I have watched some of their Youtube videos and I am impressed with their training philosophy. Additionally, during this podcast relaunch, I would appreciate any input on topics to discuss that are relevant to the progression of our sport.

I launched this podcast 15 years ago as a way of giving back to our sport. I will always keep the back episodes on-line as an oral history of how technical diving in continually evolving. There are multiple ways you can download to those back episodes at:
- www.poddiver.audio
- Pod Diver Radio on iTunes
- Pod Diver Radio on STITCHER
- Pod Diver Radio on Podbean

If I can help in any way with the NSS-CDS, TDI, NAUI, or IANTD angle please let me know. I'm an instructor with all of them and an instructor evaluator/instructor trainer with the first three.

Ken

would also be good to have you contact your old cave instructor again since Terrence is now with NAUI and there are big overhauls that he and @kensuf are trying to do with their technical training side.

Also, I would like to a podcast about DPVs and Cave DPV training. Especially concerning gas management and emergency procedures for deep long cave dives. Maybe do a panel discussion with multiple DPV instructors, getting different perspectives.

BTW, I am IN cave country for the next two weeks. Shoot me an email at poddiver@gmail.com

I wrote an article on that subject which shoots a few holes through some common misconceptions a few months ago for UWS. It hasn't been published yet, but it's online at Cave DPV Dive Planning – Dive Gainesville

I wrote an article on that subject which shoots a few holes through some common misconceptions a few months ago for UWS. It hasn't been published yet, but it's online at Cave DPV Dive Planning – Dive Gainesville

This was a great article Ken
Another key value of the Watt's up is that it can measure the voltage sag under load - which is probably the most important limiting parameter in scooter electronics. I've run my genesis with 2 wattsups inside to measure battery health & sag directly instead of only during recharging.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom