Cave CCR?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Usually oc bail and swim. I only plan on bail and scooter if I'm personally attached to the extra scooter.
How many scooters did you have for that dive?
Depending on the dive towing is an option too. Manatee isn't small or tight.

Usually, one more scooter than the number of divers, especially if not good scooters. But we had two Genesis 1200's which could do that dive 4x each.

I've planned on tow scooters in the past only to have my dive buddy (with the extra scooter) not notice I was gone for 30 minutes when my scooter failed.

I've planned on tow scooters in the past only to have my dive buddy (with the extra scooter) not notice I was gone for 30 minutes when my scooter failed.
Laughing that's quite a buddy.

I have usually planned to tow, but also brought smaller backups when the cave is smaller and towing would be slow. My primary is also a genesis 1200

I absolutely love that scooter.

Should I with a "CCR Cave" card be allowed to dive without an Open Circuit cave card? Is the inverse true?

I think we will eventually see something along the lines of requiring some level of OC cave certification in addition to CCR cave. I'm reasonably sure if you brought your OC Apprentice card and a CCR cave card anywhere in the world, it would be accepted for OC diving.

I co-taught a class with Ted McCoy years ago where he was becoming a OC Cave Instructor. I thought it was nuts at the time. That guy has taught more CCR Cave Classes than most ever will. But he wanted to start teaching OC again.

I can't imagine diving Manatee on OC with a Tekna lol
Other divers have told me its a pita on CCR because of the sawtoothing but I didn't feel that way. Maybe its a function of differences in how we run our dil and Adv and how close we are to min loop volume + willingness to vent and add.

So how challenging is cave buoyancy with a CCR? As someone who has never used a CCR it seems that you would have to learn buoyancy all over again and the precision buoyancy that cave diving requires may take quite a long time to acquire.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom