Cave Dive Promo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

orm

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I've been filming cenotes for a while now as a job, but recently I was asked by a local instructor to do a promotion film for him.

Anybody who is cave trained will tell you that this is no easy task. With some overly conservative planning, we headed out to a couple of caves and shot some footage.

--Film removed for further editing--

Last edited:
OK -- technically the promo is fine -- artistically, or more to the point, from a marketing standpoint, I didn't like it.

I'll start at the beginning question -- What is the person selling? With the corrollary question, Who is his target market? After watching it, I have no idea what either answer is.

As an older person, I really didn't like the flash cuts -- they were jarring and didn't tell me anything. Also, unless the person is promoting side-mount training, I'd stay far away from that.

So, if I were to do this, what would I suggest?

a. Create a focus -- cave diving, cave diving training, what?

b. Slow it down -- Cave diving is serene, NOT go-go

c. Identify what is going on -- either use a voice over or text screens that say WHAT is going on

d. Decide what is trying to be sold and focus on that

At least those are my thoughts and worth, perhaps, exactly what you paid for them!

It does have an up beat for a more exciting view, and the doubles hitting in one scene would let you believe that side mount would let you pass through tight areas, easier than taking off doubles and going through. Mauro, looks like Filippi, no its not he right spelling, is he still around, and how about Dario Todesco is he side mounting these days, he just hated the doubles.

OK -- technically the promo is fine -- artistically, or more to the point, from a marketing standpoint, I didn't like it.

I'll start at the beginning question -- What is the person selling? With the corrollary question, Who is his target market? After watching it, I have no idea what either answer is.

As an older person, I really didn't like the flash cuts -- they were jarring and didn't tell me anything. Also, unless the person is promoting side-mount training, I'd stay far away from that.

So, if I were to do this, what would I suggest?

a. Create a focus -- cave diving, cave diving training, what?

b. Slow it down -- Cave diving is serene, NOT go-go

c. Identify what is going on -- either use a voice over or text screens that say WHAT is going on

d. Decide what is trying to be sold and focus on that

At least those are my thoughts and worth, perhaps, exactly what you paid for them!

No, perfect, just what I need and what a couple of other people have said. I'll go away and do another cut.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom