Cave diving course in California?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry you don't posses the skills necessary to overcome that kind of obstacle without your air tank. I can recommend a class for your obvious lack of training. Perhaps FII?

no interest in free diving... very much a mammal and like my air. Honestly I wish I had known about the solo certs a LONG time ago... my first 300 dives were for the most part solo dives.... I had no redundant equipment... all in fresh water lakes... I plan on taking a solo course even though I now have the redundant equipment and have started the path to full cave... why?? because I want the c-card and I am sure I'll learn something.

Watch out everyone, we've got an expert here!
Nope. Far from it. Came here to learn something I know nothing about (cave diving). Instead I got harassment by people's assumptions and condescending attitudes. If anyone's pretending to be an expert I suggest you guys take a step back and look in the mirror. Leave it to scuba diver to think they are gods greatest gift to the dive world. Dying of laughter. Should have figured it would go this route.

no interest in free diving... very much a mammal and like my air. Honestly I wish I had known about the solo certs a LONG time ago... my first 300 dives were for the most part solo dives.... I had no redundant equipment... all in fresh water lakes... I plan on taking a solo course even though I now have the redundant equipment and have started the path to full cave... why?? because I want the c-card and I am sure I'll learn something.
That's fine, it's not for everyone. But surely you can see how crazy this sounds coming from my POV. A cave (or cavern as you've taught me) I freedive with no air by myself....Go in it with air and you come down on me for not having air or a buddy....lol...guess I should stick to freediving.

:) the "I don't need that class, or that one... nor the other...." pretty much defines you.

:) the "I don't need that class, or that one... nor the other...." pretty much defines you.
Again, your assumptions. What I'm not looking for is paying hundreds of dollars for a bs class to get a piece of paper with my name on it. Which has been my experience with PADI. I love classes. Beneficial good classes. Not classes looking for make a ton of money off of people on vacation "certifying" them leaving them with no idea of what they should have actually learned. Tell me I'm wrong. Tell me PADI dive resorts don't do that kind of thing. Or "dive schools" pumping out commercial divers Half assed. That's what I meant. Not that I don't need to learn anything.

That's fine, it's not for everyone. But surely you can see how crazy this sounds coming from my POV. A cave (or cavern as you've taught me) I freedive with no air by myself....Go in it with air and you come down on me for not having air or a buddy....lol...guess I should stick to freediving.
Free divers drown all the time in caves. It's a pretty regular occurance.

No one thinks it'll happen to them. But somehow it happens regularly.

Maybe. JUST MAYBE you're wrong? Consider it for a second.

You've got guys on this forum that have read time and time again about free divers drowning and uncertified "cave" divers drowning and you're surprised about getting a negative response from them? What did you expect? High fives and attaboys?

I didn't come down on you for either.... did suggest a solo class... but was only a suggestion. Others suggested cave/cavern classes but again were only suggestions... you can get the books... you'll just never be allowed to dive "true" caves without the certifications... (well you could always find your own) but Florida is pretty regulated (and I think Mexico is too, never been there). It is just like getting your open water cert... you can't get air fills without one (unless you buy your own compressor) but you don't HAVE to be open water certified to dive.

Free divers drown all the time in caves. It's a pretty regular occurance.

No one thinks it'll happen to them. But somehow it happens regularly.

Maybe. JUST MAYBE you're wrong? Consider it for a second.

You've got guys on this forum that have read time and time again about free divers drowning and uncertified "cave" divers drowning and you're surprised about getting a negative response from them? What did you expect? High fives and attaboys?
Lmao wrong about what????? Did I say I'm immune to drowning?? No. I said I can do it. I can also drown freediving it. No fooling? The point was the air is a bit of redundant safety after having dove it without. Not looking for high fives or praise. Jesus Christ.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom