Cave Diving in Australia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rabe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have decided is time to step forward and knock on the door of the fabulous world of cave diving.
I would like to know if there is any Australian cave diver that could help me in moving my first steps in this world...
I know that I need to refer to the Cave Diving Association Australia About Us, which also offers a list of instructors...
And this is the first, and probably most important, question: which one?

Thanks!!

I would normally said Rubens but I heard he has stepped away from training of late (that could be wrong).

You don't have to train solely though CDAA - they do recognise certs from other agencies and allow a crossover.
It may even be easier (and more fun) to jump on a plane to to Mexico. Better caves, more breadth of sites to choose from, and a large healthy community of instructors from most agencies.

It may even be easier (and more fun) to jump on a plane to to Mexico. Better caves, more breadth of sites to choose from, and a large healthy community of instructors from most agencies.
Time is the key factor...

Deep Blue Ventures

Hey mate

why do you spew forth crap about someones livelihood
if you don't have a clue

Is that you Rubens? I'm going to assume it is for now.

I'm sorry if I said something that offended you. I thought that I was pretty clear that i had HEARD something and it might not be true.

Literally last week someone in a dive store said that that you had stopped training, then I saw you listed your booster for sale on Facebook a couple of days later. Sorry for adding 2 and 2 and getting 5.

If you are still teaching then that's great news.

Rubens is definitely still teaching!

I am a cave diver. It is well worth getting involved.

There are plenty of good instructors and you are right to check out that list on the CDAA page. Some more active than others.

I’d suggest you give a few a call and have a chat to them about how they run their courses and see how you click with.

You will need to do your training in mount gambier. If you have a group some instructors may head up to Brisbane for theory and then you head down to mount gambier for the cavern dives.

PM me if you would like to some more detailed info!!

Oh and whilst Mexico would be awesome, the advantage of doing it in mount gambier is you get the introduction to the local sites and meet some buddies who you can keep diving with. You will want a drysuit if you don’t already. Some do it in wetsuits. Very few.

MA:
Rubens is definitely still teaching!

I am a cave diver. It is well worth getting involved.

There are plenty of good instructors and you are right to check out that list on the CDAA page. Some more active than others.

I’d suggest you give a few a call and have a chat to them about how they run their courses and see how you click with.

You will need to do your training in mount gambier. If you have a group some instructors may head up to Brisbane for theory and then you head down to mount gambier for the cavern dives.

PM me if you would like to some more detailed info!!
Yeah, I've realised the list of CDAA is a good point to start... However, the list of instructors is pretty long, and I don't know where to start...
That's why i'm asking here... :wink:

Reactions: MA
MA:
Oh and whilst Mexico would be awesome, the advantage of doing it in mount gambier is you get the introduction to the local sites and meet some buddies who you can keep diving with. You will want a drysuit if you don’t already. Some do it in wetsuits. Very few.
My drysuit is leaking and I need a new one unfortunately... I'm working on it...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom