Cave fills in South Florida?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So a person looking for certain type of fills is now defined as an air hog? this board certainly has diversity, specially when it comes to mental abilities.

I hope there is a place, and the OP finds it. I'm still mourning the death of Dive Express in Dixie Hwy. It was so nice to deal with people that understood the magic of compressing combination of gasses into metal vessels. Like others have mentioned, for some dive operators it is like the future of the planet is in their hands.

I've actually had a store telling me they don't feel comfortable giving me 40% because I was too casual the day before dropping the tanks, and didn't sound like I fully understood the consequences of breathing that mix.

I've actually had a store telling me they don't feel comfortable giving me 40% because I was too casual the day before dropping the tanks, and didn't sound like I fully understood the consequences of breathing that mix.
That's probably for the best. Would you feel comfortable breathing gas filled by a shop with such limited understanding of what they were doing?

That's probably for the best. Would you feel comfortable breathing gas filled by a shop with such limited understanding of what they were doing?

True, I just wished they told me right away so I didn't have to comeback the following day thinking I'm good to go.

You should name the store so other people know not to go there!

You're going to get lectured by a DM trainee with less than 50 dives under his belt ...

I used to own a compressor myself, in part to avoid lectures from the Scuba Police. All DMTs with less than 50 dives under their belt should be forced to undergo "Mossback Exemption / Acceptance Compliance Training" as part of their DM programs.

This form of compliance training would require the DMT to kneel before the temple of wisdom that all divers certified before 1980 possess: specifically as to issues of diving without buoyancy compensators, use of J-valves and double hose regulators without SPGs, the advantages of steel cylinders over aluminum, cave fills, Jet and Rocket Fin usage, and the use of dive tables, dive watches and depth gauges as opposed to computers.

If I ever hear another "you can't dive without a BC, it's impossible" comment from somebody, I just might cram a hardback copy of Fred Robert's Basic Scuba down their throat.

End of Rant

I've had good luck with Force-E Boca on the eastcoast and SCUBAdventures (Naples) on the westcoast.

There is another thread on SB where the issue of overfilling is discussed @ length. (don't have time to look up link as I am at work). The consensus was that overfilling is just fine.

If I ever hear another "you can't dive without a BC, it's impossible" comment from somebody, I just might cram a hardback copy of Fred Robert's Basic Scuba down their throat.

End of Rant

To be fair ... I'm sure those young divers are sick of listening the "when I started diving we sucked air from a goat skin, and you aren't a good diver if you need all those whatever's"
I just wish we could just dive our way without having to hear so much crap. In turn we should also STFU and let others dive their way

So a person looking for certain type of fills is now defined as an air hog? this board certainly has diversity, specially when it comes to mental abilities.

I hope there is a place, and the OP finds it. I'm still mourning the death of Dive Express in Dixie Hwy. It was so nice to deal with people that understood the magic of compressing combination of gasses into metal vessels. Like others have mentioned, for some dive operators it is like the future of the planet is in their hands.

Ya that's where I used to go. It's sad they're gone

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom