Cave fills in South Florida?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just buy a rebreather and get a good fill at your LDS. 4 liter tank at 200 bar, 800 minutes. :)

There's a little known faint postscript at the bottom page of Boyle's Law that states that the more times you bring cooked & chilled lobster chunks in a disposable container when you drop off your tanks......that magically the PSI increases in direct proportion to the lobster chunks.

Don't believe me????...............Try it !!

There's a little known faint postscript at the bottom page of Boyle's Law that states that the more times you bring cooked & chilled lobster chunks in a disposable container when you drop off your tanks......that magically the PSI increases in direct proportion to the lobster chunks.

Oh man that's the answer I was looking for!

I knew that was you when I read the post. Didn’t have to look at the author.

I gave up trying that years ago. It's not even worth asking. I just had different size tanks depending on the type of dive I was doing.

Leesburg Florida was about as far south as I ever got getting a cave fill. I did get a couple of 3000psi fills on a boat but that's just because they filled everything of that.

6,000+ dives, and I'm always the first guy out of gas. Owned a liveaboard for 20 years. Now, I will usually reach NDL before I run out of gas, so I don't worry about it, but 325 lbs and a 9 liter lung volume means I have to push hard....

*Nine* liters tidal volume? Holy smokes!

I gave up trying that years ago. It's not even worth asking. I just had different size tanks depending on the type of dive I was doing.

Leesburg Florida was about as far south as I ever got getting a cave fill. I did get a couple of 3000psi fills on a boat but that's just because they filled everything of that.

I found a few places now. Tough to get above 3300 but I can plan at least 3k which works for me

Ya I have a couple places now. Pm me as I don't want to put them out here in public

So a person looking for certain type of fills is now defined as an air hog? this board certainly has diversity, specially when it comes to mental abilities.

I hope there is a place, and the OP finds it. I'm still mourning the death of Dive Express in Dixie Hwy. It was so nice to deal with people that understood the magic of compressing combination of gasses into metal vessels. Like others have mentioned, for some dive operators it is like the future of the planet is in their hands.

I've actually had a store telling me they don't feel comfortable giving me 40% because I was too casual the day before dropping the tanks, and didn't sound like I fully understood the consequences of breathing that mix.

Whenever I dive the New River, I dive 40% because the max depth is 72 feet. I am not going to get into trouble unless I bring a shovel and dig.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom