Cave Incident - Jackson Cnty, TN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

" specifically to explore the cave that's only reachable under water."

Is this some sort of press dramatization? I'm trying to understand how this is different from many other 'underwater caves' :)
I think what they mean is that the part they wanted to explore is actually a dry cave, but you have to dive through a sump or some portion of it underwater before you can get to the dry part.

I think what they mean is that the part they wanted to explore is actually a dry cave, but you have to dive through a sump or some portion of it underwater before you can get to the dry part.

That's what the wording makes it sound like, but that's not the case. These were cave divers exploring an underwater cave system...

*Edd. Owns Cave Adventures at Mill Pond in Jackson county, Florida.

Edd has 6 live rescues (and numerous body recoveries) from caves. Think about that. He has pulled 6 people alive from a cave.

Then I hope to never meet this man lol , impressive.

upload_2019-4-18_13-44-51.png

And Edd-freaking Sorenson pops up and asks how you're doing.
I was surprised that he had to ask who he was. I guess he couldn't see Edd at the time.

So, the news stories are all about the rescue, and it's great to have heart warming news instead of body bag photos - but how did one of the best cave divers in the world get lost? There is some mention of broken lines, but not much.

Take a class from Edd. You'll probably never get lost after that. Jus' sayin'.

Take a class from Edd. You'll probably never get lost after that. Jus' sayin'.

Ha well im sure even if I was advanced enough to take cave diving classes that getting full cave certified with Edd would break my bank. And I dont even want to think about rebreathers , trimix gasses, etc. Thatd put me in the poor house for certain lol

I love the headline from NBC: ". . .was retrieved safely by Edd Sorenson, another famous rescue diver. . ."

Ya think ? Edd must hold the world's record for cave rescues now

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom