Cave Training and Etiquette Real or Imaginary?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Peter and I joined, mostly because we do sometimes dive the Florida caves, and wanted to give back in some way.

i'm not sure that giving the nacd money gives anything back in a meaningful way to florida caves and cave diving

....and you did the right thing and reported these incidents. Correct????
"Hi, id LIke to report two divers"

"Ok, to begin, what where their names?"

"I don't know but they should be easy to identify, they were on rebreathers and wearing all black..."

[emoji6]

i'm not sure that giving the nacd money gives anything back in a meaningful way to florida caves and cave diving
Hmmm... I see evidence a plenty. I'll have to take some pictures & post 'em :)
Rick

If unsure, you can always ask. There is plenty that is returned to the community, starting with events and a journal for the members.

Talk about being in the dark about caves. From special events to preserving access to certain caves, being a member of the NACD as well as the NSS-CDS shows you care and puts your money where your mouth is.

Talk about being in the dark about caves. From special events to preserving access to certain caves, being a member of the NACD as well as the NSS-CDS shows you care and puts your money where your mouth is.

Are we still having the Megadive tomorrow night? Isn't this dive the one where a bunch of OW divers do a cavern dive at night? You are attending right?

"Hi, id LIke to report two divers"

"Ok, to begin, what where their names?"

"I don't know but they should be easy to identify, they were on rebreathers and wearing all black..."

[emoji6]
Just because you are too narced to remember anything except rebreathers and black, does not mean the rest of the divers do.

The issue is that everyone b1tches or have excuses, but does nothing and that includes the administrators. And the bigger the egos the bigger the problem. Just read this entire thread again, its beyound shocking............

Are we still having the Megadive tomorrow night? Isn't this dive the one where a bunch of OW divers do a cavern dive at night? You are attending right?
The Ballroom is not considered a cavern by the park and they have taken pains to sanitize it for and open it up to OW divers. The galaxy dive has had a perfect record in terms of no accidents and definitely no deaths. Well, I think someone may have cut their hand opening up the cyalume sticks. To date, I've had no one lodge a formal complaint with Ginnie Springs about the practice. I can't remember the last time I've participated in that event though: at least 3 or 4 years? I do recall non-cave diving divers being pulled out of the ear and having discussions about them why that was stoopid. I invite any and all instructors to come out and dive with their potential customers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom