Cavern April 28/29 in LF? Looking for an instructor and/or other students.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Looking for recommendations for Cavern instructor/class the weekend of April 28/29th.

I've sent a emails out to a few of "the usual suspects" that are apparently quite rightly touted here, but open to suggestions for instructors.

Also, if there's anyone else looking for an excuse to take a cavern class that weekend feel free to PM or e-mail me and perhaps we can connect and save a few bucks by having more than one student.

Though that begs a question - am I better off ponying up the extra few $$$ for a private class?

Thanks in advance - Ray

Can you give some idea of the kind of class you want?

So intense your feel like your head is gonna explode?

Calm and relaxed because you "just want the skills for OW"

Something inbetween?

id be interested... know about what the costs are?

I took cavern/intro to cave/apprentice cave from Dan Patterson. It was tremendous. I highly recommend Dan.

PerroneFord:
Can you give some idea of the kind of class you want?

So intense your feel like your head is gonna explode?

Calm and relaxed because you "just want the skills for OW"

Something inbetween?

Something in between. Wanna be able to advance my skills in overhead environment. I like the "cave rigor" as it would apply to diving skills altogether, but specifically as might relate to wreck.

Will eventually advance to Cave as well, so I do want to establish a solid foundation of skills to go that route.

Kray_Z:
id be interested... know about what the costs are?

Looks like $250 or so depending on exactly which instructor, plus facility entry, tank rentals, course materials, and processing fees.

RJP:
Something in between. Wanna be able to advance my skills in overhead environment. I like the "cave rigor" as it would apply to diving skills altogether, but specifically as might relate to wreck.

Will eventually advance to Cave as well, so I do want to establish a solid foundation of skills to go that route.

I just took the cavern class and did one intro to cave dive while in Florida. I originally took the class to help me gain knowledge for wreck diving. However, in the process of the class, I decided that I really liked cave diving and that began an interest in caves for me. The skills are great to have for any kind of diving and I would highly recommed it. My instructor was Nick Leone www.cavetek.com He was fantastic, great to work with, took things very seriously, but made the entire class fun to be in. Good luck!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom