Cavern Class with Capt. Jim Wyatt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Sam! I felt about as graceful as a dancing hippo.
:rofl3: I'm sure you did not resemble a dancing hippo otherwise you would not have passed. Now the 44 OW students kicking up silt and disturbing your line probably looked like dancing hippos. :wink:

sam, from that avatar pic it looks like *you're* the one dating netdoc!
:rofl3: Nope, our Netdoc only has eyes for the graceful never looks like a dancing hippo Elena. :D

Jim was pretty stern with those canoeing yahooligans and told them if they did try to run over us, they would not like the outcome.

ok, I have just got to ask about the canoers bit, were engines mounted on the back that they could have used to run you over? Were they attempting to exit via the divers stairs? It takes absolutely 0 effort, one hand motion to tip them, what would possess a *dry* canoer to mouth off to with someone standing in waterproof gear? :confused: some sort of waterway rivalry? Pardon my ignorance, but now I am curious :D

It was nice to meet you this morning, Elena!

. . . what would possess a *dry* canoer to mouth off to with someone standing in waterproof gear?

Alcohol or some other mind-altering substance.

Alcohol or some other mind-altering substance.

ok, very nice, had not imagined that possibility . . . :shakehead:

Sorry to hijack Elena! :blush:

Very nice report, Elena! I always feel that if you don't come away from a class with stuff to work on then you simply aren't applying yourself to your diving like you ought to. Glad to hear you learned a lot and had a good time.

Peace,
Greg

Greetings mselenaous and congratulations on your cavern cert.
You will have to schedule some dives in Peacock / Orange Grove but do so on a week day to avoid some of the issues you had this week end.
It sounds like a typical weekend at Ginnie it is best to dive there on the week days and not in spring break season if crowds bother you.
The activity there is pretty manageable on week days, week ends can get pretty busy at more locations as well.

If you venture to Little River , Blue Spring be advised that locals are generally in the spring and or parking lot.
I have never had any issues till this past trip in March and it was at Blue Spring ST Park.
We chose rather wisely to leave quietly and not confront the group of minors who were partying.
Several of them had a issues resulting in a flurry of threats.
It was not a good scene with my wife and kids in tow we checked out the spring and left rather quickly.

Had I been planning to dive there I would have been uncomfortable leaving my vehicle in the parking lot.
Not all areas are like this so please just be aware of where you are planning to dive and call a few local shops to check about local traffic or hazards.

Caverns are awesome and I plan to always hang out a while and explore them at the end of my dives.
There are some really beautiful caverns and if you are a photographer by all means visit Peacock in the morning. The sunlight is amazing there at different times.
Enjoy and dive safe,

CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning!

I was very happy with Elena's performance as well. She was a trooper and even though she was FILLED with trepidation, she managed all of that and new skills as well. On top of that, she took care of me as I came down with a bad cold.

I was very happy with Elena's performance as well. She was a trooper and even though she was FILLED with trepidation, she managed all of that and new skills as well. On top of that, she took care of me as I came down with a bad cold.

So our Elena was task loaded both during class and outside of class :shocked2:...bad Pete :no:

She was a trooper, indeed!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom