Cavern Class with Capt. Jim Wyatt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm best when I'm bad, but being sick was no fun. I was at the log in the eye when I realized I couldn't equalize on the right ear. I stayed dry the entire weekend while my Elena had all the fun!

I'm best when I'm bad, but being sick was no fun. I was at the log in the eye when I realized I couldn't equalize on the right ear. I stayed dry the entire weekend while my Elena had all the fun!

I know that log in the eye all too well. :shakehead:

Good call to stay dry the rest of the weekend, no sense in worrying our Elena if you did dive.

Congratulations, Elena!

Ginnie is not an easy place to take a cavern class -- Neither the Eye nor the Ear accomodates a big group of divers well, and you have the flow fighting with you the whole time, too. But if you can manage your skills well there, you can do them almost anywhere!

Thanks everyone for all of your support. This was certainly one of the most challenging courses I've taken. But if a class doesn't challenge you, you won't learn and grow, and it probably wasn't worth your money. More evidence to the frequently heard mantra, "It's the instructor, not the agency." BTW, Jim Wyatt certifies through an alphabet soup of different agencies and he gave me my choice of agency cards, but he teaches the same information and skills and holds you to the highest standards.

Because,
:sanctum:

Congrats, I am taking my Cavern next weekend with Greg Stanton. I am kind of glad I was not in your class. I don't take threats very well. People like that send me over the edge.

Greg is am awesome guy and his shop is one of the best.

I've been meaning to post this pic:

Addition to my card collection:

Attachments

• NSSCDScaverncard.JPG
    NSSCDScaverncard.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 357
Congratulations. I did Cavern and Basic with Jim a few years ago and completely agree with your endorsement. He is a great instructor with seemingly endless patience (For students :)). I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for training in Florida.

Matt

Last edited:

Took me a while to get it...lol

To "jhayes75" me either.

To "mseleanaous" congratulations, sounds like a great Instructor. Sometimes I think Id like to get into cave diving but to be honest Im pretty sure Id freak myself out so until I can get some control over that Ill stay in OW.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom