Cavern Diving in Egypt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But we just told you that there are caverns and caves....
Red Sea Shadow:
I know them Mania. I'm a divemaster in the Red Sea and I won't tell you about the newly discovered cave in Hurghada :D

How about trade? I'll tell in secret some of my favourite (including the Temple one) and you will tell yours in Hurghada????
:D

The Temple one is asmall cavern, easy to do. But Thomas reef ones are deep and difficult - this is why I will not publish this information. As well as some of the Jackfish Alley - not these that are in almost every guide book, but few other.
oh and I forgot about the Lighthouse in Ras Mo.... there is one covered by nets - great one.
Mania

Sure I know those of Thomas Reef and Jackfish Alley and I won't publish this either. I know what you mean.
Regarding the new cave, a group of instructors were discovering the area between Hurghada and Safaga several months ago. They claimed they found a new cave there. We're still waiting for dive maps. In case I get any news, I'll post a new thread for it.

mania:
But Thomas reef ones are deep and difficult - this is why I will not publish this information. As well as some of the Jackfish Alley - not these that are in almost every guide book, but few other.
Mania

I don't really see the problem. Whoever wishes can dive in any site like Ras Mohammed or Tiran to, say, 100 meters? 200 meters? 1000? I think the bottom hits somewhere at 1000 and change :wink: . But you don't feel any problem recommending such a dive sites... You take for granted that most divers dive there according to their abilities/certification.

Everyone knows about the Blue Hole and its depths, but amazingly most divers don't do foolish things there. True, some died there- whether they "heard" about the site from scubaboard or not. Others do it Tri mix or tech dive, where I know of many divers who did it on air. Same for the Canyon in Dahab, and actually any divesite.

My point is: whoever wishes to do stupid things- will do it regardless of what we say here. And if someone want to it "right" he would like to know as many details as possible in order to make a good decision and preparation.

Moreover, since virtually all dives in Egypt are controlled/guided, I don't see a flock of crazy divers going to caves at crazy depths and getting killed by the dozens.

What's the problem telling about a cave in some reef? Do you really think it will get spoiled or visited by thousands of untrained divers? As I see it- it will give the chance to trained divers (i.e. cave divers, in this case) to ask about these sites, perhaps they get the chance to dive there, if they can afford the costs and logistics involved. Why not?

So I will with pleasure tell some of my secret places to the properly trained diver - and I did this. But I've seen too many crazy things done in the Red Sea by crazy divers....

Mania

Back
Top Bottom