Cavern/Intro Cave course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive-aholic

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I have a cavern course preceded by an Intro to Doubles mentorship President's Day weekend in February (14-16) followed by an Intro Cave course the following weekend (21-22), both in Marianna, Florida on the beautiful Merritt's Mill Pond. Courses can be completed in a single tank with H-valve or doubles. One student already booked. More students reduces the price of the courses. If anyone is interested let me know.

Here's the calendar link.

Here are the cavern/cave course description link and the Doubles mentorship link.

If you have any questions about the courses or my training philosophy, PM me here, e-mail me at chipoladivers@gmail.com, or call me at 850-272-7484. If you decide to do a course or 2 with me, you will not be disappointed. I run tough, yet fun courses. I guarantee you will learn a lot in my courses. I bring not only my experience but the experiences I've had with my mentors to my courses.

If these dates don't work for you and you're interested in these or other courses, let me know. I schedule courses on demand and my minimum number of students is one.

:thumbs_up: I took cavern with Rob, and have nothing but good to say about it. Will be signing up for Intro with Rob this summer as soon as I get doubles setup and some experience with them.

As a bonus, Rob's wife does a lot of the typical PADI/OW stuff, so if you have a friend/spouse that needs that type of thing, you're covered there too :D

good to see your post, ShagMan. I'm the guy he suckered...oops I mean is taking the 3 courses.
BTW Rob, I mean Dive-aholic, I'm flexible so if you find someone to join us on a different weekend, let me know within a week or so and I'll work with it. I like the lower cost part of your post :) ...
and a free bump over no other posts to boot.

do you do any dives to some of the other cavern/cave sites. Ginnie Springs . What do you charge for your courses. I planned on taking the cavern and intro 2 years ago the3n my wife got in a bad car accident so the class I paid fpor upfront I lost all the money. I dive when I can with steel 104's doubles.

Another second to Robs teaching, I just finished Intro with him last month - would recommend him to anyone.

do you do any dives to some of the other cavern/cave sites. Ginnie Springs . What do you charge for your courses. I planned on taking the cavern and intro 2 years ago the3n my wife got in a bad car accident so the class I paid fpor upfront I lost all the money. I dive when I can with steel 104's doubles.

I don't go to Ginnie for training (a little too far from me), but I do train at Peacock Springs State Park and Little River (both less than an hour from Ginnie). I do dive all over North Florida outside of training.

Here are my course prices. Sorry to hear about your wife's car accident. Hopefully she has fully recovered from it. Also sorry to hear you lost all your money. While I do require a deposit, I will allow a reschedule for circumstances like that. Hopefully it wouldn't be an issue again, but you can be confident you wouldn't lose any money if you booked with me and had to reschedule due to something like that. PM me if you're interested in more information about me and my courses.

Been having a great time so far this week. We have a newly certified cavern diver...and in doubles! First day was a little shaky in the new 108s, but aren't they all! Things trimmed out quite quickly, though and the next day began cavern diving in those doubles. By the time we did some more guided dives today, my student was looking like he's been diving doubles for some time now. Not perfect, but definitely doesn't look like a newb in them. Not bad for only 3 days and about 6 hours in them. Looking forward for a weekend of Intro level dives and another 3-4 hours in the water.

And I also got a dive in myself yesterday in some passage I've been wanting to see but haven't had the chance to check out yet! 9 dives in so far this week with another 4-6 planned for the weekend!

All my classes are scheduled on demand. Let me know when you want to do a cavern class and I'll schedule it. Call me 850-272-7484 to talk details.

We have a new cave diver among us! whodunit68 successfully completed his Intro Cave course in doubles! He did a great job and only died a few times. :wink: I had a blast diving with him and look forward to diving with him more in the future!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom