Caves in Ontario

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

octgal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I thought I'd throw this out there. I have heard so many rumours about caves in Ontario and in Toby. Does anyone actually have any knowledge about any diveable caves?????

There are at least two diveable caves around Toby that I know of (and I don't mean the Grotto at Cyprus Lake). One is accessed from the shore. The other opens into a farmer's field. Both are squishy little cracks.

There is the back mine in ottawa but the location is kinda secret i know a couple people that have dove it

Diveable at what certification level Wendy?

The caves in Ontario are nothing like Florida or Mexico. These are well beyond full cave cert. 10' of vis is a good day, sharp rocks all around, and most are sidemount entrances and the flow is quite high in many, quite often with siphons. Most are also on private property so access is a problem.

The cave community in Canada is very tight lipped about thier locations and for a good reason.

Kevin Ripley:
Diveable at what certification level Wendy?

The caves in Ontario are nothing like Florida or Mexico. These are well beyond full cave cert. 10' of vis is a good day, sharp rocks all around, and most are sidemount entrances and the flow is quite high in many, quite often with siphons. Most are also on private property so access is a problem.

The cave community in Canada is very tight lipped about thier locations and for a good reason.

actually i am not interested in diving them. I was only wondering what they were like and where they were. thanks to all that replied

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom