Caye Caulker

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are quite a few shops on the island. Some are huts with some gear and a boat,

That's pretty much Black Durgon Dives, just a friendly hardworking couple trying to make a living and raise a family, the kind of people we like to support. If they can't provide you what you need, they will give you honest advice on where to get it.

Has anyone stayed at Iguana Reef Inn?

Hey All, I've been away from here for a bit. I'm on my phone, I'll write a more complete bit when I'm at the computer

Iguana Reef is one of the top resorts on the island. If there are rooms available at a price you're comfortable with, BOOK IT, you will not be disappointed!

They're right next door to BDS too, but BDS is the most expensive dive shop on the island. They charge about the same, or a little more for the same dive sites, but they don't include your equipment (BCD, reg, etc.) so full cost of a trip is more than anyone else by a good bit.

Black Durgon is my shop, Corey & Sim run a great little shop. Your crew, Al (DM), Andre (Capt) & Alex (Mate) are The "A" Team and will show you a great time and excellent service.

More to come.

I am thinking late April. Leaving Caye Caulker Thursday before good Friday.
Weezies Caye Caulker has any one stayed there?
_Ralph what did you like about BDS? We spent a week now in Palacencia (sp) dove with Sea Horse really liked them. Some times a big shop and a big boat are nice. The longer ride out to Blue Hole or what not.

Do any of you have restaurants you like in Caye Caulker? Does having a kitchen really matter?

Just got back from a week on Caulker. We had a group of 12 experienced divers and did 4 trips with Frenchies. 2 half day trips - Esmeralda and Spanish Bay, 2 full day trips - Turneffe North and Blue Hole. The diving was exceptional - I'll post photos and videos later this week -- sharks, turtles, rays, grouper, ...

Plenty of restaurants on the island with lots of variety and reasonably priced (whole lobsters with sides from $12.50 US). Unless you have special dietary needs, I wouldn't bother with a kitchen. The largest 'supermarket' on Caulker is still quite small with limited selection making cooking more than simple meals a bit of a challenge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom