Cayman Aggressor - Nov 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Venus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Morning Everyone

I'm in the process of booking my next trip and as usual my dates are really tight and non-negotiable due to office committment :shakehead:

I went to Grand Cayman land based years ago before I really knew what I was doing or what I should be looking for .... I was very inexperienced

Would you support a trip to Cayman on the Aggressor in Nov
I know we can't predict the weather, but is there a reason to avoid Cayman at all costs during Nov

Thanks ..... Venus

Hi Venus,
While I work for Aggressor and Dancer Fleets, I have also travelled to Cayman during November and had a wonderful time.
Keep in mind November is the start of the tradewinds and if they blow you will not be able to make the crossing to Little Cayman and Cayman Brac - though there is only a small chance of this.

I would recommend that you take a read through our Captain's Logs from Cayman for last November:
Aggressor Fleet-The Ultimate in LiveAboards Since 1984 - Click on "Destinations" and choose Cayman from the drop down.
Once you are on the Cayman main page you will see the link for Captain's Logs Archives on the right side.

I also checked availability for November and it is very slim:
- Nov 3rd - booked
- Nov 10th - one shared female space in a twin cabin (shared shower and head with cabin 9)
- Nov 17th - twin cabin available (shared shower and head with cabin 9)
- Nov 24th - pretty open availability at this time.

We have a Labor Day Feeding Frenzy Special that goes through Sept 15th where you would save $700 off the charter rate if booked and deposited by then. This special is valid for open spaces through the end of 2012, but does end this weekend.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me:
sharon@liveaboardfleet.com

You can almost bet you will not make it to Little Cayman during the months of September Through December, If you doubt check archived Captain Logs. If you do make it, probably 80% chance you won't, Little Cayman is awesome.

Thanks Sharon

I have been speaking with Michelle about the 10th .... but I'm not sharing a bathroom with three other people :shakehead:
So, I'll drop her an email and let her know to cancel my interest

Thanks for letting me know

Venus

- Nov 10th - one shared female space in a twin cabin (shared shower and head with cabin 9)

You can almost bet you will not make it to Little Cayman during the months of September Through December, If you doubt check archived Captain Logs. If you do make it, probably 80% chance you won't, Little Cayman is awesome.

Note that Doubler has over one thousand posts to date but he's all wrong on this quote. The Cayman Aggressor IV's Captains logs starting Sept 3rd and ending Nov 19th 2012 clearly shows that the Cayman Aggressor IV was in Little Cayman every week except one when there was a Northwestern. When a Northwest wind blows this makes Little Cayman impossible to dive except a very small area on the south side. The Cayman Aggressor IV however has miles of great dive sites on the south side of Grand Cayman which they visiting on that one trip they were not able to dive Little Cayman and that was the November 12th, 2011 charter.
The Cayman Aggressor company gets high marks for providing a great service now for 28 years with now the 4th generation yacht; Cayman Aggressor IV
Safe Diving

It's a shame because I did really want to do this trip

The Belize Aggressor trip which my friends are booked on is also full so I can't join them

I sometimes wish that I could get leave dates earlier so that cabins may still be available

.... Oh well :(

I was on the week over end-oct/begin-nov last year. We had a good week and made it to LC, but the weeks before and after us did not. We actually boarded the boat at a marina in North Sound, apparently it had been too rough for them to dock in Georgetown harbor that Friday.

I was on this trip 3 or 4 years back the week before xmas. We did make the crossing and dove all three islands, but I will say it was a rough crossing. Didn't bother me (I actually enjoy the rough seas, but I did take Dramamine). However, many others had a real tough time with sea sickness. I do not recall if they were medicated or not. Soon after the crossing all on the boat were good to go. As for the shared bathroom, I had cabin 9 with the shared bathroom and honestly it was no issue at all except the women in the other room used hair conditioner. This made it quite slippery, but she did smell great, especially late in trip. Note that while there is a shower curtain separating the shower form the toilet, the shower floor is not separated from the toilet floor. In other words the shower water washed the entire floor so everything is wet. Again a minor inconvenience, but those used to something else may have a problem. I actually tried to book the Cayman Aggressor for the week before xmas this year, but they were only booking groups so I booked the Sun Dancer (Belize). The diving (food and service) on the Cayman trip was amazing and that's all that really counts since you spend so little time in your room...awake.

Hope you find something that works.

Regards//Russ

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom