Cayman Brac Invasion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A group of us wanted to do some shore diving on CB with doubles with air or nitrox.

It sounds like we would not be able to do the diving even if we brought down valves, bands, and manifolds and the operator agreed to remove their valves and replaced them with ours?

I wonder what residents who want to dive with doubles do.

I would strongly recommend emailing the dive operators on Cayman Brac and asking if they would allow this before you fly down there. There are only two of them.

Reef Divers Cayman Brac

Brac Scuba Shack

Enjoy your trip! It's a lovely island.

I recently joined a bunch of like minded fools for a week of deep CCR diving in Cayman Brac. The trip was organized by In-Depth Watersports in Grand, and included 12 CCR divers in a total group of 27 people.Given that there are only two dive operators in the Brac, and one of them wasn't interested in supporting a bunch of deep diving, there were some serious logistical hurdles. Nat Robb (owner, In-Depth) had to premix the gases and ship all of the bailout, deco gases, and sorb over by barge. He set up a temporary mixing station in a shed near the airport for our nightly fills...

Thanks for the info. Unless there is more competition on CB, it doesn't sound like there is much opportunity to do tech diving without significant logistics...

FYI, InDepth Watersports now has a high-speed boat and they are offering overnight boat trips to the Cayman Sister Islands, so that may make it easier to do some tech diving off Cayman Brac and Little Cayman; see the link below.

Unusual New Cayman Dive Boat and Dive Options - InDepth Watersports

Nice videos; wish they were longer. Thanks for sharing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom