Cayman Brac "kinda" live blog

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, I didn't know that, so now there are no options in the airport? Is the HH food counter still open in the departure lounge?
A modified food counter is in the departure lounge. They have a temporary out building of some sort that, I think, is offering sit down meals. I'll pay more attention when we are there on Saturday.

Last edited:
On the advice of divezonescuba, we dove Scott's Dock this morning. About a 200 yd. kick out to the wall. No current, great viz. Beautiful Nassau Grouper on the wall. Spotted Eagle Ray on the way back in. Second day in a row without seeing a lionfish. Kinda pleasantly surprised by that. Wind switched over to the Northeast today but still very diveable on the north side. Much better fish life here.

Handcuff Reef was our second dive today. Definitely a repeat upcoming. Great life. Another eagle ray. Great fish life. Spoke too soon about lionfish. Saw a large one under an outcropping. Nice easy giant stride entry and ladder exit. This island can spoil shore divers in a hurry. Locals have mapped out the channel entry and exit underwater, making it fairly foolproof (similar to Macabuca on Grand Cayman). This appears to be fairly common here. Looks like we'll be heading south tomorrow.

Hey releck,

Thanks for the ongoing report. We loved the Brac when we were there awhile back. We might have to return and do it from shore now.

Several more shore dives including Handcuff Reef (and the wall), Sylvia's Reef and...burp...more iron shore bocks. My wife and I are going house hunting. We found our retirement island. Been searching for awhile. With retirement a mere 4 months away, we were starting to wonder if we would ever find the right mix. Heading over to Brac Reef Resort for Happy Hour and then to the Jerk Stand. We haven't eaten out much, but are looking forward to the bbq at the resort on Friday! Yep, only a matter of time now...

There is a tiny blue cayman cottage near the old Divi, right on the sand beach.. Don't know if it's for sale, but it's the prettiest beach and view in the Cayman's. Tiny, but a recent renovation. Maybe give you some ideas. Cheers

There is a tiny blue cayman cottage near the old Divi, right on the sand beach.. Don't know if it's for sale, but it's the prettiest beach and view in the Cayman's. Tiny, but a recent renovation. Maybe give you some ideas. Cheers
Thanks.
Thinking North Shore.

Several more shore dives including Handcuff Reef (and the wall), Sylvia's Reef and...burp...more iron shore bocks. My wife and I are going house hunting. We found our retirement island. Been searching for awhile. With retirement a mere 4 months away, we were starting to wonder if we would ever find the right mix. Heading over to Brac Reef Resort for Happy Hour and then to the Jerk Stand. We haven't eaten out much, but are looking forward to the bbq at the resort on Friday! Yep, only a matter of time now...

Retire on Cayman Brac, that would be a dream come true, I love that little island! The Friday night barbecue is great at CBBR; did you get a chance to play Bingo during Happy Hour? It sounds silly but it's a lot fun and includes guests, locals, and staff.

Did you continue to rent tanks from Reef Divers? How much does it cost in $USD for tanks and weights? If you get a chance to do some boat dives there are some very nice spots, Anchor Wall comes to mind, and the trip over to Bloody Bay Wall to dive Little Cayman is really special, have fun!

Retire on Cayman Brac, that would be a dream come true, I love that little island! The Friday night barbecue is great at CBBR; did you get a chance to play Bingo during Happy Hour? It sounds silly but it's a lot fun and includes guests, locals, and staff.

Did you continue to rent tanks from Reef Divers? How much does it cost in $USD for tanks and weights? If you get a chance to do some boat dives there are some very nice spots, Anchor Wall comes to mind, and the trip over to Bloody Bay Wall to dive Little Cayman is really special, have fun!
No bingo...yet. We did Tibbetts by shore. No boat dives. Scuba NY was staying at CBBR. Probably a good reason to go out on our own. If we retire hete, we'll have plenty of time to check out Little Cayman. $10 air, $15 nitrox. Thanks Kathy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom