Cayman Islands - Current Water Temp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

staggsSevin

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hey Guys,

I'm fixing to head out on a trip to LCBR and I'm curious to know if anyone has the current water temps around any of the islands? I saw 7 mile beach temp was 87 today, and another site that has the sea water temperatures was showing 84F.

At either temp I will not need my wet suit but just wanted to make sure it was around those numbers as I don't know if those sites are reliable or not.

Hey Guys,

I'm fixing to head out on a trip to LCBR and I'm curious to know if anyone has the current water temps around any of the islands? I saw 7 mile beach temp was 87 today, and another site that has the sea water temperatures was showing 84F.

At either temp I will not need my wet suit but just wanted to make sure it was around those numbers as I don't know if those sites are reliable or not.

Have a great trip! We will be heading to GC and LCBR in a few weeks so I am anxious to hear your impressions.

In Little Cayman, water temps of 85F all week. it's been raining every day with overcast conditions; however, it does turn sunny and bright for a few hours every day.
The forecast for this week also rainy conditions.
Most folks are diving shorties or just a rash guard long sleeve shirt and board shorts.
Enjoy your trip.
Ricardo

We were at LCBR from the 16th to the 23rd of September, and it was around 86 to 87 every day and I dove all week in board shorts with a long sleeve rash guard.

Thanks guys, sounds like it will be board shorts + rashguard for me.

Coldest water I dove last week was 82°F and the warmest was 84°F and I wore a suit twice just out of habit. Didn't wear it on one dive and it was fine. The water on shore felt like bathwater! The waves were really tearing it up on Friday and saw the Cayman Aggressor in port.

We leave Friday for LCBR. How was visibilty Knucklebusted? Think there will be any lingering effects from Nate?

Visibility should be just fine. It does vary depending on the site or the area. In shallows... silty fine sands where eagle rays feed you will ofcourse have less visibility. In deeper waters you should have clear water ofcourse.

Not sure about Nate. We left Little Cayman a week ago, last Monday night. Weather was not the best all week. It did stop raining here and there with periods of sunshine here and there, but it rained a lot and you could feel a temperature differential when boarding back to the boats at the end of dives, where it was just a tad colder in top 2 feet or so.

You should be fine. Visibility should be just fine. Enjoy your trip.

Ricardo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom