Cayman - Picture of the Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grand Cayman - Reef - Kittiwake

DSCI6838.Vivid_shr.jpg
DSCI6840.Vivid_shr1.jpg
DSCI6842.Vivid_shr.Vivid_shr.jpg
DSCI6843.Vivid_shr (2).jpg

Notice the reflection from the trap water on top

DSCI6846.Vivid_shr (3).jpg
DSCI6847.Vivid_shr (2).jpg
DSCI6852.Vivid_shr1.jpg
DSCI6855.Vivid_shr1.jpg
DSCI6856.Vivid_shr (2).jpg
DSCI6857.Vivid_shr.jpg

That is very impressive!
On Brac, (Preachers barge) we got to see a really good fight and courting ritual of a group of jawfish. It was so much fun to watch. One lady who was an elementary school teacher was yelling through her regulator and throwing her hands up telling these fish to "cut it out!" haha we had a good laugh back on the boat about hat one.

@Ministryofgiraffes

Absolutely gorgeous photo of the Yellowhead Jawfish with eggs :)
Thanks man. Interestingly enough, my strobes failed to fire in the shot and it was going to be a ‘throwaway’ I was cycling back through old shots and came across it again. I was really looking for a shot of the fins as I have always been reminded of hummingbirds when I watch yellowheaded Jawfish. In the end I decided that the ambient light gave it more of an ethereal hue and it hit the mark on the fins, so I decided to keep it...glad I did.

Thanks man. Interestingly enough, my strobes failed to fire in the shot and it was going to be a ‘throwaway’ I was cycling back through old shots and came across it again. I was really looking for a shot of the fins as I have always been reminded of hummingbirds when I watch yellowheaded Jawfish. In the end I decided that the ambient light gave it more of an ethereal hue and it hit the mark on the fins, so I decided to keep it...glad I did.
You caught the slight bluish tinge to the body and fins. Many don't know that the two black stripes on the throat help identify males with eggs.

Really beautiful

You caught the slight bluish tinge to the body and fins. Many don't know that the two black stripes on the throat help identify males with eggs.

Really beautiful
I have to admit that I lay in the sand for about 110 mins to get this shot...I nearly drowned

I've been there, not spent quite the time, but never got anywhere close to your shot. Do you remember where this was?
The meadows? Maybe...I can tell you one thing.. I probably took north of 200 shots of this guy and this was one of the last ones..

Back
Top Bottom