CBS Evening News Mistake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr.X

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I'm watching the CBS evening news segment on diving and the positive effects of nitrogen on paralysis. Behind Scott Pelley (the newscaster) is a picture of the Gabe Watson murder scene photo. Some doofus obviously thought the diver central to the image had paralysis. Big Screwup. If any of you in Central, Pacific get a chance to watch - call CBS and tell em' big F -up and to do their homework before broadcasting. :shakehead:

X

For whom? The average pilgrim doesn't know the difference so I am sure that CBS would ignore your suggestion.

Perhaps these pilgrims have just
lost sight of where they are going

For whom? The average pilgrim doesn't know the difference so I am sure that CBS would ignore your suggestion.

So who gives a whit about what you think? It still bugs me. Probably bugs other people too. If it bugs me enough - I complain + I do something. Could be more personal for me as I used to see CBS executives walking around here a bit more than you do. CBS news goof.jpg

Here's a capture from the program.

... or you could just turn off your TV and go find something useful to do ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Expecting reporters to get technical facts about anything more complicated than a toaster right is folly. Whenever I see a reporter touch on a topic that I am actually well-versed in, I'm always somewhat amazed by how consistently they screw up their information.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom