CCR Cave requirements

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

darushin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello,

I got the TDI newsletter today and notice that TDI now has a CCR Cave but I couldn't find any requirements listed. I am TDI cave and Air Deco diluent certified and am wondering if this course is something I can cross over to with out redoing the entire sequence (CCR Cavern, CAR Intro...)

I would speak to Randy Thornton, he'd be able to help you out best. With the other agencies you would take CCR Cave as a subsequent specialty course after full cave, feel free to pm me if you need his contact details.

Darushin,

the prerequisites for the Rebreather Full Cave course are:

1. Minimum age 18
  2. Certified TDI CCR Air Diluent Decompression Procedures Diver certification or equivalent
  3. Provide proof of certification as a:
a. TDI Rebreather Introductory Cave Diver or equivalent
OR
b. TDI Full Cave Diver or equivalent
4. Provide proof of a minimum of 50 logged dives and 50 hours on the rebreather unit used

Since you are already OC Full cave, you would qualify to go directly into the Full Cave course, which would take a minimum of 4 days, 8 dives, 360 minutes of bottom time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom