Cebu City - any place to get some UW photo parts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Barmaglot

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just landed in Manila and the airline forgot to load my bag in Athens :mad: - and I have a flight to Cebu in 5 hours followed by a 10-day liveaboard a day later. I have my camera, housing, strobes, lenses and some ports in my carryon, but tray, arms, clamps, and most importantly fiber optic cables and lanyard are in the checked bag which will not get here in time, so I can take the camera down, but I cannot secure it to my person or mount and trigger the strobes. Is there any place in Cebu where I can get a basic tray, a couple clamps, fiber optic cables and a lanyard on short notice?

Better try and get hold of Jovic Santos at Splash in Manila and he can send you stuff. Or look for Stride and Stroke in Ayala Mall in Cebu. They have some stuff but limited I think.

Use facebook to look these up and get in touch with people as that's one of their favourite ways to communicate.

Enjoy your trip!

Thank you. I'm staying for a night right next door to Ayala mall, so I'm going there anyway to get some clothes and stuff - I'll search for Stride and Stroke while at it.
There is a slim chance that my bag will get here in time; I called the airline and they said they're expediting it - the online tracker on their site has it in Doha now, so if it gets on today's flight to Manila, it will land at 9pm and then fly to Cebu tomorrow morning, still in time for the liveaboard.

Stride and Stroke had everything! Got a cold shoe ball, an 8" arm, two clamps, a fiber optic cord and a lanyard. The bag containing my dome ports will land in Manila 6pm tomorrow, but I have the macro port on me, and I can shoot macro/supermacro (Sony 90mm and a +13 wet diopter) with one strobe, so no sense in blowing more money than I have to.

Stride and Stroke had everything! Got a cold shoe ball, an 8" arm, two clamps, a fiber optic cord and a lanyard. The bag containing my dome ports will land in Manila 6pm tomorrow, but I have the macro port on me, and I can shoot macro/supermacro (Sony 90mm and a +13 wet diopter) with one strobe, so no sense in blowing more money than I have to.

Glad to hear it - have a great trip!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom