cebu -> maasin -> cebu on weesam express

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just an update on the weesam express fast ferries. It appears they are back to just the one ferry each way (depart Cebu 6am, depart maasin 930am). The other was canceled when I and various other guests came through this week. I expect it's cancelled for good.

MA:
Just an update on the weesam express fast ferries. It appears they are back to just the one ferry each way (depart Cebu 6am, depart maasin 930am). The other was canceled when I and various other guests came through this week. I expect it's cancelled for good.

Just been to the port in Maasin and confirmed that this is a 'permanent' change to the timetable.

MA:
xrcjdx - any recommendation on a hotel to stay in cebu for the night prior to the ferry? I would guess close to pier? Thanks :)

Sorry MA haven't monitor the board in a few weeks. Any hotel you pick reasonably close to the waterfront will work for the 6 am departure. Traffic is light around 5 and getting a taxi is easy at all hours.

Re: "permanent" change back to one trip per day - they are "permanently" back to 2 trips per day, as of last week. :):wink:

Reactions: MA
We are just back from the Philippines and took this ferry from Maasin to Cebu. It was very quick to get there from the resort , where the owner booked the tickets for us. The terminal and the ferry were all super organized , clean , with toilets , air con and a little shop. We got to Cebu before schedule. So much quicker and cheaper than trecking up to Tacloban and flying.

Fyi As i couldn't find that info anywhere - the cebu ferry leaves from TERMINAL 1. You must print your ticket, showing it on your phone will not work.
And eye is "permanently" no afternoon ferry. Cebu maasin at 6am,maasin cebu at 9:30

I believe there's now a flight from the town north of Maasin... Tacloban (sp?) to Cebu. 20 minutes. When I next have the good fortune to dive in Sogod Bay, I'll be looking into flying over ferrying.

I believe there's now a flight from the town north of Maasin... Tacloban (sp?) to Cebu. 20 minutes. When I next have the good fortune to dive in Sogod Bay, I'll be looking into flying over ferrying.
Tacloban is the major city in Leyte Province.
Don't forget to add the travelling time from Tacloban to Sogod Bay.

Tacloban is the major city in Leyte Province.
Don't forget to add the travelling time from Tacloban to Sogod Bay.
IIRC, there was travel time from Maasin to Sogod Bay, plus the ferry was horribly late one way, and filled with cockroaches the other, nor was the sailing time particularly short.

The only hindrances I can see re: flying are weight limitations and infrequency. Sadly, no trip to the PI for me anytime so, otherwise I'd explore this further prior to posting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom