Cell failure on handset

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

48E36512-3BD7-444D-B0FC-4F31BE82278D.png

I was incorrect, and seems so is vitally. Thanks for posting up. I like this weird stuff when it happens, it gives me pause and motivation to learn more and refresh.

CB4ABBBD-2B58-4C06-AB8B-7BE2876F20B1.png
Here is another one, but I wonder what would happen if I would just to pull a sensor out. Maybe Vitally is right. I’ll do it today and see.

Exactly the way a878bob wrote already in his first comment. I find it a bit alarming wondering about non-calibrated cells, or do I miss anything?

I was wrong :( I pulled the sensor out and the screen shows .00
Fail means the sensor calibration is lost or the cell mV are out of range
0.0 means there's calibration but the cell is reading 0mV

I need advice please. since service I've done 3 dives on my unit, shallow dives to 15m for a total dive time of 229 minutes. Incerted new cells with a total time of 136 min.
This weekend on my 2nd dive at the safety stop my handset suddenly showed cell 1 FAIL, however the hud kept on displaying PO2 value, did not show cell failure. Once home I've 1st changed the cells around but got the same error message. I've replaced the wiring with brand new ones and still got the same.

I'm unclear. When you inserted the new cells, did you then do a calibration on the handset at some point before you dived the unit?

I'm unclear. When you inserted the new cells, did you then do a calibration on the handset at some point before you dived the unit?
Yes absolutely. After the new cells were incerted calibration was done to check and again the morning before the first dive and worked 100%, failure was at the end of the2nd dive for the day. However since then I've recalibrated it as per advice and again before diving it this weekend as per procedure and it worked perfect. Did a 90 minute dive on Friday without failure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom