Cenote diving!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't forget the flying after diving guidelines. My return flight departs at 12:30 on Monday. How about yours?

I also leave around noon. I don't know what to make of the flying after diving guidelines, they're more like thoughts. The U.S. Navy reccomends only 2 hours, the Air Force reccomends 24, and DAN reccomends 12. I've done quite a few morning and/or early afternoon dives the day before a flight (to a max of ~100 feet), and one night dive before a flight (night dive was on Nitrox) - all of which were during multiple days of diving - and all I know is that I have been OK... and that there is a hyperbaric chamber about 20 min from the Denver airport just incase. Either way, most dive ops run the cenote dives in the morning, so I would have a 24 hour window, putting me on the 'conservative' side. Also, I will be diving Nitrox for probably half the dives on this trip to help negate nitrogen loading throughout the week, but I would still feel comfortable with the week's worth of diving and flying the day after my last dive, even if I were on air.

Since I don't like to drink a whole lot the night before I dive, the last night = TIME TO GET POOPFACED. My biggest concern is being able to wake up to catch my flight!!

I'm so excited! I'm going shopping now for a new bikini!

HOORAY FOR NEW BIKINIS!!!

And for sure, I'll let you know if/when I book in advance. I've exchanged a few e-mails with Tank Ha (dive op), and it turns out the DM is also from Colorado. There was mention of taking 'special divers' to 'special spots'. It's got me anxiously drooling now!! ... especially now with new bikinis! hahaha

If we dive in the morning, we should be ok to fly the next day!!!

New bikini is the kind with strings on the sides!!!!:) Also got a new pair shorts and another dress.

Pans, I just changed my trip to go from the 11th to the 21st.
I will do cenote diving with you, and I need a dive buddy for it as the wife does not want to do that.
Let me know the costs associated with this.

Derek

I will do cenote diving with you, and I need a dive buddy for it as the wife does not want to do that.

Derek
Man I would love to Join you guys on this , I did two Cenote dives in feb and loved them.
But I am going to spend all my time this trip diving Coz.

If we dive in the morning, we should be ok to fly the next day!!!

New bikini is the kind with strings on the sides!!!!:) Also got a new pair shorts and another dress.

Just don't attach any bread to the strings, the seagulls might pull at them! haha! Now don't forget to buy your plane ticket!!

Man I would love to Join you guys on this , I did two Cenote dives in feb and loved them.
But I am going to spend all my time this trip diving Coz.

And I'm sure I can speak for us 3 when I say, we would LOVE for you to come with us!! It's gonna be a blast!! But it's not like you're going to be bored sitting around at home... or even worse... working! I really can't wait for this trip, it's gonna be soooooooo fun and exciting from beginning to end!!

Derek

Dude, that is totally awesome!! Who can complain about staying extra days and doing more dives?!?!? Seriously though, you will NOT regret this at all, the cenotes are really something special - you have to experience them yourself to understand, and soon you will!! With the 3 of us (so far) and a guide, finding a buddy shouldn't be hard, lol. Also, only 4 divers per guide are allowed in the cenotes and it will be a tight group (or line, I should say).

Deposits and Cancellations
When confirming your dive package reservation, 30% of the total price will be charged on your credit card. The balance will be paid upon your arrival in Playa del Carmen. We accept VISA and MasterCard, and you can pay the balance upon arrival in cash, Travelers Checks or credit card.

•If cancellation occurs more than 15 days before your planned arrival, we will refund the amount charged, keeping $30.00 USD as a cancellation fee.
•If cancellation occurs during the 15 days before your arrival, there will be no refund.

Their website is www.TankHa.com, and Marce is the lady in charge (marce@tankha.com).

The 3 of us are marked on their calendar for the 19th, and I'll most likely put my deposit in when I get my next paycheck on Thursday - I'll let you know when I do this. The cost of the 2 dives is $110, which includes tanks, weights, diving lamp, transportation, entrance fees, drinks and a lunch box. They do have all other gear available for rent. The ferry to Playa del Carmen is also about $12 each way. I just asked about a group discount and the max amount of divers we can bring, so I'll let you guys know about that when I hear back from her.

If there's any other info you think I'm missing or want to know, let me know and I'll find out, or you can e-mail them directly. I'll keep you posted on all new info I recieve!

I'm so anxious right now it's killing me!! I can't wait anymore!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, Ramasule, do you know when your new flight arrives in Coz? I'm also comming in on the 11'th on Continental Airlines flight 1670 at 12:40PM

I'm flying to cancun my airline does not fly direct to coz in the summer (only winter). I have to update the flight page on the forums, but I'm busy right now planting my garden :)

I must now pack bread!!!!

I have been really upset about the prices of plane tickets! I guess I will have to break down and buy the damn thing!

Sent an email for the information reguarding payment. I f you hear anything let me know.

Well, no group discounts really... for every 10 divers, 1 goes free.

And yeah, those plane tickets sure are pricey! I wasn't liking them at all either, so I ended up using my frequent flier miles... even upgraded to the big seats in the front of the plane :D. It was still about 200 in fees and taxes though, ugh! Now I just gotta get a champagne glass to take with me on the plane (just incase they don't really have them up there) so I can do like Will Smith and drink orange juice from it (from the theme song of Fresh Prince "...first class, yo this is bad, drinking orange juice out of a champaigne glass!...), :rofl3: :dork2:!

Back
Top Bottom